Sign in to follow this  
repodon

doing t shirts do u charge

when you get a new customer do you charge a set up fee and if so what would you charge

there is a guy local that charges a set up fee for new customers  is why i am asking the PROS on this forum

i might have finally got a break in all of the mess i have been advertising with sandblasting and declas .There is a race car driver that is wanting numbers and decals and shirts and hats made for her race car and crew .The races track is very popular with the locals and as far away as 100 miles away from winston salem nc as they have other drivers and fans from there coming to the race track

( caraway race track )

what would you charge for a hat and shirt each i will provide the hats and shirts and vinyl i will be doing the work

thanks you all   

Guest fivestar

Depends on the artwork, quanity and time involved.  I just add the "setup fee" into each shirt. 

Set up fee for screen printing is perfectly normal (to make to screen).

Some places also charge art fees for vectorizing images.  After all, most shops have to recoup the labor costs associated with the labor of doing so.

But since most of us are homebased we don't have the overhead charge some larger places have.

Go with your gut.......sometimes a couple dollars lost,(but not technically) you usually end up making more sales with repeat and referred business!

Some depends on the complexity of the design as well.

One of the first questions I get asked when trying to get a customer to let me do his/her work is how much are setup fees and art work fees. I always tell them there are no fees even if I have to spend some time on the artwork. Some times that bites me in the back side because it

ok thanks group it will be vinyl on the t shirts

i can get the t shirts at michales for liek 5 for $10 bucks pluse taxe call it 14 bucks

now if i get the job i will need to get the heat press then also and then the t shirts and hats which im  not sure where to get the hats from does any body know where to buy hats and also need to get the thermal vinyl which i can get all local

thanks group thank you 

If you have a tax ID number you can get hats from Otto good hats for good price. Heat press can be had from eBay at a reasonable price. May not have all the bells and whistles but to start out with they will work. Not sure if I can do it but I may be able to do a drop ship to you on hats. I would have to check to see if they do that at Otto. That is if you do not have a tax ID number. If you need help on hats send me email and I will check it out and give you a quote.

KeithH

ok thanks keith i will let you all know the person  that contacted me is wanting to do them near race time thanks a bunch like i said you all are PROS

Guest sciondrgn

I have a SunIE press and it works great and is affordable!

www.sunie.com

Guest fivestar

If you have a tax ID number you can get hats from Otto good hats for good price. Heat press can be had from eBay at a reasonable price. May not have all the bells and whistles but to start out with they will work. Not sure if I can do it but I may be able to do a drop ship to you on hats. I would have to check to see if they do that at Otto. That is if you do not have a tax ID number. If you need help on hats send me email and I will check it out and give you a quote.

KeithH

Yes Otto dropships so you could have them sent to him.