Laceylp

Anyone with software they love?

Inkscape is one of the best programs I have found to edit nodes and my preferred choice for doing that.  In fact, there is not much Inkscape can't do...and it's free.  But there are other tasks I personally find easier to do in Corel and Illustrator...probably because I have been using them for so long.

Thanks Cyber, that is what I'm finding as well. Graphic software must be a pretty complex task to take on, you'd think one software could address all issues we come up against. It's the same with embroidery software too, took the manufacturer 3 yrs to debug and still has lil quirks. At least I'm finding a solution even if it means using multiple venues 

Hmm I tried that. I exported as a EPS and then it turned my vectored SVG file into a pixeled EPS file? ;) That's when I put it into Inkscape and then I could edit nodes. I'm not even sure how the SVG file got "locked" but Corel wouldn't allow me to unlock it either. Corel IS a great program......IF I could just master it.

You should be able to vectorize it if it is a jpg or export as a cdr file then once open you can work it.  If you vectorized it you have to delete the jgp hiding behind it or it will be locked.  I go to to view an choose wireframe I like to look at it this way click on the editable image then choose your shape tool you should be able to edit it.  upload a file here is you have a problem I would like to look at it and see why it is not editable.

I'll upload it when I get to my PC, if uploading is working now on the forum, as I'm still curious why I couldn't edit it in Corel. Thanks for takng a look

Guest Terry

Flexi Pro......... NOTHING it can't do.  ;)

hmmm it would seem I remembered an extra zero in there huh? Makes all the diff in the world now doesn't it?? :huh: