CreatedByAmy

Pricing for T-shirt vinyl job (fundraiser for school)

I am still trying to grasp the pricing thing now with the vinyl.  I have a school who last year I quoted transfers from transfer express logos for $4.50 for youths and $5.50 for adults. 

I am doing her sample shirts in vinyl left chest for $7.00 for all the tees and $10 for the sweats.  the logo consists of an eagle and wording.  Are these prices to high or about right?  they are reselling for a fundraiser.  I don't want to be to high but I also want to make some money on this order.  Could they reasonable by done for $5 or $6 each?  assuming the shirts were $2.50 each.  I can get them screen printed for $5.50 but they don't want the samples in vinyl and the end product screen printed.  they are doing t-shirts 2 different colors so each color needs differnt 1 color vinyl cut, long sleeve tees, sweats and sweat pants.

Also how much do you think they should mark them up for resale?  I was thinking $10 for the tees and $15 for the sweats and long sleeve tees?  Any help would be appreciated.  they are a new PTO and don't really have an idea of what they are doing.  I am making their flyer off of one I have here for my school.

Also on sweat pants legs do you place the word Eagles down it or do you put the left chest logo like on the thigh area?  Please help if nothing more to answer this particular question.

Amy Cicak

CreatedByAmy.com

Guest fivestar

Depending on how many they order and the difficulity of the logo.  I'd say $7.00 and $10.00 are about right and I'd tell them to sell shirts at $12.00 and sweats at $15.00.  I'd give them a sample of both on the sweats, down the leg and left thigh and let them decide.  I'd charge an extra dollar or so if they go with down the leg as the vinyl will be every bit of that difference.

Those prices are spot on with what I just did with a school and their fundraiser.  The $10 I charged them for sweatshirts are the crewneck style.  I charged more for the hooded, zippered sweatshirts (the school sold the crewneck sweatshirts for $15 and the hooded for $25).