Sign in to follow this  
duke

window signs

hi all, i have a client who has a pool chemical supply store. they want two signs to hang in the window, one with summer opening hours, and one with winter hours. they have to be removable for obvious reasons.

i am looking for suggestions and different ideas. i was told cling will bunch up if vinyl is applied to it,has anyone had experiance with this happening?

regards  duke.

Duke,

I have used window cling before and backed it with white vinyl (Oracal 751). It didn't bunch up, you'll need to get all the air bubbles out, one quick smooth motion. I ended up cutting it out by hand, not contour cutting. the link below shows the warning label I did with window cling. Did them about 6 months ago, they are still in perfect condition. You'll need to protect the cling side of the material when not in use. You don't want it to get dusty and dirty, it will lose the "stickiness" over time if you aren't careful. I'm sure there are better ways to do this and I'm sure someone here may have a better solution.

Peabody

http://forum.uscutter.com/index.php/topic,7141.0.html

This is just me, but I'd make two signs on acrylic or lexan or something similar....then just hang'em.

This is just me, but I'd make two signs on acrylic or lexan or something similar....then just hang'em.

thanks guys.

dan, that's what i was thinking. just thought there may be a way i hadn't thought of.

regards  duke