Sign in to follow this  
cas26rr

caboose help

We have setup a layout for a caboose. We would love any advice on any changes that you would make, and any pricing that you would charge.

post-1413-12986523564391_thumb.jpg

post-1413-12986523578178_thumb.jpg

We would need to know the actual measurements to give you any advice on the pricing.

:o:thumbsup::D

Guest Schramm

Are you lettering the caboose with vinyl or are you painting the lettering it on?  Personally and of course I have no idea of the budget you were given but I would hand paint it insted of lettering with vinyl only because of passers by.  You could use Avery paint mask (which is great) and paint the letters through a stencil.

We thought about painting,but due to the possibility of vandalism replacing the vinyl will be easier than repainting.  The over all size of the red area is about 115" tall and 285" long. The left side is 103" wide and 39" tall to the bottom of the window The center section is 80" wide & 87" tall to the bottom of the window and the right side is 100" wide and 39" tall.  As we have layed it out the train is about 46" tall and the lettering is 12" tall both using proportional setup.

As for a budget, as with any city they want champaign on a beer budget.

Thanks for your input.

I agree with the painting, as far as the budget I would see if the city will add you as a member of there chamber. Who knows you may have your foot in the door for the local city services like the local police dept, fire dept and city vehicle lettering and maybe your local Hospitals. Your design looks great and im sure that it will bring you more customers in the future!

Guest Schramm

Honestly with the fact that it has not been vandelized yet is a good indication that it wont be.  Plus vandalism is much easier by simply pulling off the vinyl then it is to destroy the paint.  You can protect your work with a clear coat and just tell the city or whomever you are doing this work for that with the addition of a clearcoat the possibility of cleaning off spraypaint graffiti would be easier and more than likely would not destroy the lettering.

Just a thought

Thanks for the advise, we had already given some thought to clear coat. I will keep you posted on the job & hope to post pics soon. :thumbsup: