Sign in to follow this  
laserman70

increase tile size?

I am cutting lettering for a vehicle.  Is there a way to increas tile size?  It is cutting through the middle of the graphic the graphic is 96". thanks for the help as usual..

I am cutting lettering for a vehicle.  Is there a way to increas tile size?  It is cutting through the middle of the graphic the graphic is 96". thanks for the help as usual..

I am assuming you are using SignBlazer, When you say Tile. The working border. Right?

I am using SignBlazer.  I have increased the border.  When i goto cut, it wants to cut two tiles, instead of cutting in one full run. It splits the graphic.

I am using SignBlazer.  I have increased the border.  When i goto cut, it wants to cut two tiles, instead of cutting in one full run. It splits the graphic.

What size is your sign and what size is your vinyl (and vinyl setting)?

What size is your sign and what size is your vinyl (and vinyl setting)?

Is it wanting to cut it in two tiles length wise or up and down?

If length wise go to the cutter set up and put in inches the length.

If it is up and down rotate the image in the working area vertical.

In your Cut Setup screen, set your vinyl size to 24" wide and at least 96" long.   Be sure your settings are in inches and not millimeters.

Regis

On that same area change the size to 100 inches but before you do uncheck your, weed all. Once you have it the size you want it you then can check mark the  weed all.

Also, if you have not cut an 8 foot lenth before, you need to check your tracking.   Put offline and run 8 foot forward and then back watching how it tracks.   I don't even try to cut over 3 foot anymore because it is soo hard to keep tracking true (and I messed up too much vinyl trying).

Workspace is set at 24" x 155"

Your problem is not in this area it is in the cutter set up. 

That is your workspace setup and NOT your cuting set up.   From you workspace, go to Cutter.  Then look for Setup.   There are 2 setups, here, one for cutter and one for print so be sure you pick the one for the cutter.  It is where you can set your blade offset.

Your problem is not in this area it is in the cutter set up. 

That is what i dont understan.  It says tile size 62.99x15.57.

That is your workspace setup and NOT your cuting set up.   From you workspace, go to Cutter.  Then look for Setup.   There are 2 setups, here, one for cutter and one for print so be sure you pick the one for the cutter.  It is where you can set your blade offset.

Thanks, that was where it was set to 62.99".  I never cut one this long, so i never noticed that before. Thanks for the help, i was pulling my hair out. lol

Here it may help, I have the first image of what you have and the second image is the cutter set up. I might be to late though.

post-2074-12986523523571_thumb.jpg

post-2074-12986523524379_thumb.jpg

post-2074-12986523535453_thumb.jpg

post-2074-12986523536069_thumb.jpg

Here it may help, I have the first image of what you have and the second image is the cutter set up. I might be to late though.

Thanks, I appreciate all the help as usual..

Good Luck with it. I hate those big ones. If I were you I would center the blade abit more to the center of the vinyl. Incase tracking screws up.

Cutter,

You have a couple setting different than I do....except for size & offset, I've left other setteing alone. 

I didn't have Best Tracking....and just changed mine.

I have Cut Holes First, Sort, & Limit to Workspace checked and you don't.  I only have checked because that's how it come.   Did you change to solve a problem or because they made more sense?

Thanks

Regis

I unchecked Cut holes first,,, because when it cuts the holes first the cutter can come off tracking at any time. If it does then atleast I still have save vinyl and not 8 ft of vinyl. As for the offset I set mine at .03 because at this offset it doesn't leave small uncut corners and por the pressure on the cutter on reg vinyl I set it to 99% but this depends on how much your blade is out. As for Sort, & Limit to Workspace I never checked them. I just left those alone.

Thanks Cutter,

I guess I just moved my post to PM to you while you were answering.  Makes very good sense about the holes.  Even without that, doesn't it cut a line all around the outside of your sign first?  I started limiting my cuts to 3 feet because of tracking and hopefully, I can increase with the Best Tracking checked like you have.

Regis

If you turn off all of your weeding options it will not cut the box around the entire thing. I will do that for long jobs. There are also options for minimizing the vinyl movement. In the cutter Setup panel make sure in the "Cutter Movement" box that "Best Tracking" is checked.

If you turn off all of your weeding options it will not cut the box around the entire thing. I will do that for long jobs. There are also options for minimizing the vinyl movement. In the cutter Setup panel make sure in the "Cutter Movement" box that "Best Tracking" is checked.

Thank you, that will keep me from some of the vinyl that I've damaged.  Also, I never noticed "Best Tracking" until Cutter mentioned today. 

I should have checked around for popular setting when I started.  Only thing I changed in cutter setup was model, blade offset, and vinyl size.  I was about ready to quit doing large lettering (like 10" & 17" yesterday) because I reduced to single or 2 letters to keep from damaging much vinyl "when" error occurs.  I think with these settings I can streech out a little more without much risk.

Thanks

Regis