EHovind

Small sections of letters uncut, what should I do?

I am using Oracal 651, and I have noticed that I am having problems cutting letters. I am using letters that are 1/2-3/4" tall, but for some reason the cuts are not being completed fully... The letters always hang on to the sheet they were cut out of by a very small tab. I'm having to basically tear the letters from the sheet while weeding. This leaves a really bad looking jagged area on the letters. Also, on some parts, like the small dot above a lowercase I, it's almost impossible to work with. I've already adjusted my downforce and blade several times with no luck.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Guest sciondrgn

Sounds like an offset issue, change your offset of the blade in the cutting to program, Mine is set a .25 using 60degree blades

A 36" Creation PCUT, haven't dealt with any offset settings yet. I think the blade that comes with it is 45 degrees, is that correct?

45 is what it comes with but you'll need to get the "offset setting" adjusted in the software.

For blade depth adjustment, pressure and cleaning refer to attached

In that guide, it says offset should be marked on the blade container. There are no markings at all on the container of blades that came with my machine unfortunately.

Somewhere I read that if you use Signcut x2 and have it set to use inches and not mm. then you have to set your offset to 0.012

has anyone else heard this?

Dave

I put mine on 0.012 it seems to do better.

Do you check the Quality for small objects button when your cutting (well) small objects?

and what does it really suppose to do?

I've been cutting alot of small images lately and I still get afew pulled up pieces every now and then, but not as many as I used to, so I'm getting closer to being dialed in.

also went to a 60 blade, that seems to help alot also

Dave

Well, I changed it to .25mm, and it seemed to help a lot. I am still getting a very few letters that aren't cutting all the way, but not near as many as before. Should I try bumping it to .30?

Yep, I'd try a few different settings and see which work best... you'll get it dialed in before you know it  :)

Good deal, I'll try it ou tin a bit. Either way, it's doing loads better now, so thanks everyone.