Sign in to follow this  
cygnae

Is there an easy mode? Corel Draw

Hi, don't know if you remember me, I'm the guy that no matter what I do my LP24 won't cut a straight 90 degree cut [like a square]

anyway, I'm gonna do some trial and error, got a huge load of vinyl "scraps" to do it with, and my question is the following

Can I cut directly from Corel Draw? [don't matter if it's 10-11-X2-X3 or X4 whatever]

If not, how do I export my vectorized stuff so that SBE can read it PROPERLY?

I know I'm not being really specific with my questions but I'm sure more than one of you probably knows what I'm talking about.

Thanks for your time and patience.

P.S. I won't even go into the contour cutting part, it's AWFUL

Guest fivestar

You should just have to export from Draw and import from sign blazer.  Ive never done it with sign blazer but that's all I do with Flexi.

ok.... export to what format? wmf eps ai etc

and if so, which options? [you know, text as curves blah blah and such]

Guest fivestar

Export it as an eps and convert all text to curves before you save it.

Guest fivestar

From the words of the infamous Ozzy Osbourne " Don't ask me, cause I don't know".  :huh::lol::D  I honestly don't even know where that option is.  I just design my design, convert everything to curves, export it as eps then import it into Flexi and cut.

ok so then..... can you use a LaserPoint 24" with Flexi..... whatever that is? FlexiSIGN I suppose?

is it easy? can it handle contour cutting? SBE is pure undiluted hell for me. acts weird. manages weird. dunno maybe cuz i've been using corel draw since like... version 5

Guest fivestar

Flexi=FlexiSign yes.  Yes you can use laserpoint with Flexi but no you can't contour cut with it.  That's why I sold my laserpoint and got another Refine because I can contour cut with my Refine in Flexi, but you have to have Flexisign Pro to do it.

Guest fivestar

Nope it uses the Pcut driver and there's no contour cutting option for it.  But like I said you can contour cut with the Refine in Flexi Pro.  :lol: