Sign in to follow this  
venice_d

MAC SYSTEM PROFILES

Simple thread- If you have a plotter up and running on a mac, outline your system here.  If it took any special treatment to get things working or you've noticed any bugs make a note of it. A single thread to know what works for all us mac users will be a great reference to anyone troubleshooting or deciding what cutter/apps/hardware to purchase.

*Admin, if people contribute this would make a good sticky for the top of the Mac section

My Rig-

MACHINE: Macbook Pro, 2.4 ghz Intel core 2 Duo, 4 gb RAM, OS X 10.4.1

PLOTTER: 24" PCUT 630

CONNECTION: USB, w/ FTDI USB SERIAL DRIVER v2.2.9

APPS: SignCut X2 & Adobe Illustrator CS3 w/ SC-X2 CS3 plug-in 

NOTES: 

*SignCut "cutter" settings: Manufacturer-Creation / Cutter- PCUT CTN630E / Device- /dev/cu.usbserial.0000201A  / Baud-9600

*Had no problems getting my system up and running, only thing I didn't catch at first was that I had to do was go to SignCut-->settings-->locale and change the unit/squnit settings to match the input from illustrator, in my case inch/sqinch. (If Your new cutter with X2 seems to work fine but is cutting things uber tiny this may be your problem)

Will this work for any machine?

I have a mac book pro 2.2 ghz intel duo processor and my plotter is Mh 721

Thanks

Charlie

if you're using illustrator and SCX2 it should be about the same. The difference will be that you may need a mac driver specific to the mh721, and that you'll need to set the cutter to mh721 and not pcut in the "cutter" settings on signcut, and select whatever driver it is you use. Double check the baud rate on the 721 as well. Maybe Ken can point you in the right direction for the driver you need for the mh721 on a mac, or clarify if the FTDI usb serial driver will work for the 721 as well as the pcut.