Sign in to follow this  
jfought

what to charge

i just got an offer to do 2 small planes. what might i charge? 1 will be basic stuff and the other will probley  by us a new graphtec 48" when all is done.

what vinyl should we use.

Guest fivestar

Dunno what to tell you to charge because like wildstyle said we need more info.  But for the type vinyl I would use Oracal 751.

i know it is kinda vague at this point but i don't even know what to charge for a regular plane. just what is normally on them. the other one is a different story. he said that he wants it to be noticed.

Just a suggestion.  One way to do it would be to charge a standard rate for text and one for graphics (i.e. $15 per sq. ft. for text, $30-$35 per sq. ft. for graphics).  Then charge an installation fee as well.

thanks cyber. we have only been doing this for about 6 weeks so all the help is greatly appericated. i have the design back ground to do the work. we are just worried about not pricing this right.

Start thing is to determine how much your time is worth, and this will come with time. When I first started doing this, I would take any job possible even if it was for a single/one off decal. I realized I was on the losing end of the deal, and made adjustments.

As Cyber stated, sticking to the $$$ per sq. ft. is always a safe bet.  ;D