Sign in to follow this  
MacFreak21

Looking to Buy

Hello, i had a few questions for current owners.  I am looking in to the MH1351 50" Unit, however i have seen some questionable specifications.  How does this unit cut at a high detail.  How is it on ling runs, does the blade need constant adjustment, and/or does it Skip or cut to deep.  I see its Mechanical Resolution is only 0.0254mm/step, where a low end Graphtec is .005.  Also has there been any big issues, Part or Mechanical failures.  And last how is it with Flexisign Pro 7.6. Please let me know as i am looking to buy a new Plotter.

Thanks a lot. :huh:

I have a 721,but I plan on buying a 1351 in the next few months.My cutter has very good quality cuts.And I have done 22" by 72" wall graphics with no problem.I also do pen plots that are large and run for an hour and a half or more.But it does well on small cuts too.I ran some decals on fdc 3 mil 6 year vinyl that are about 3" by 5",with quarter inch lettering.The lines were straight and the lettering was perfect.I had no trouble weeding the lettering.I set the blade when I first started running the 3 mil fdc about three months ago.I have not had to adjust the blade since I first set it.I even ran hot mark 40 heat transfer vinyl with the blade at the same depth with the same quality as the calendered vinyl.The only time I have noticed it skipping was when I did pen plots,and I think that was because I was running it 48 i.p.s. and the pen couldn't keep up with the cutter.I run most of my cuts at 24 i.p.s. unless it has small lettering.But I only slow it down to 16 for the lettering.The only problem I have had has been with the bolts that attach the plates for the roller bed.I don't know what they were made out of,but it wasn't intended for extended horizontal movement of the blade.The vibration and motion just snapped the heads off.I call my cutter R2D2,because thats what it sounds like when it's running.I do most of my work at night (musician for 36 years),and my wife says it helps lull her to sleep.I don't know if that helps in your descision,but I am pleased enough with mine to plan on buying the 1351.

Thanks for the information, on the bolts you speak of are they replaceable and or did it leave you with downtime till it was fixed.  i am thinking when I buy I should replace these bolts and apply Loc-Tite first to save time and frustration(if possible).  Thank you for the info on the cutting, as I have been doing work for Suburban Movers redoing there trucks to the new Vantage Blue Design with A9 High Performance vinyl. and i hate having to piece together the Logos due to them being 45" and using a FC7000 30" unit from graphtec.  Also what was the max cut length for i am hopping it will make one piece cuts for full sized semis.  If we all haven't guessed i plan on putting this in a Full production environment hopping it can keep up.

Again Thanks for all the info.

I replaced my bolt with brass bolts and they seem to work fine.I don't know all the specs on the 1351 but I think the maximum cut length is 57 feet.The only down time I had was the time it took me to go to my parts drawer and grab the bolts.I think it will do the jobs you are doing with no problem.

thanks a lot Billy, it looks like i will be ordering over the next few days, i will let you all know how it goes thanks a bunch agian.

I'm sure you'll have no problem with running it since you allready run a graphtec with flexisign.Let me know how it runs when you get it set up.And post some pics of the work you do.I want to see some big stuff!If you need any help,I'll give you all the info I know.Thanks.