Sign in to follow this  
repodon

how to picture

sorry to bother the group again i threw my old computer out because of anger ggggggggrrrrrrrrrrrrr i couldnt figure it out on the picture of calvin peeing or any others. So my question is how can i take the picture of calvin or any other picture and send it to my cutter to cut the vinyl i put the pictures in my documents to save and now im lost i dont want to throw this computer out niether  but i did need to get rid  of several rounds of shells. SORRY ALL I TRY TO DO IT WITH OUT BOTHERING YOU GREAT PEOPLE BUT UNFORTUNALTY  I HAVE TO BOTHER AGAIN I APPOLOGIZE TO ALL 

thanks in advance

donald

Before you can cut an image, it must be converted to an .eps format (from a .jpg, .gif, .bmp, etc.) I would recommend downloading a free program call Inkscape, which you can find at www.inkscape.org

Once the image is converted over to the proper format(.eps), you can open Sign Blazer (or whatever cutting software you may have). I have Sign Blazer, so that's the software I'll explain how to do this in. Once SBE(Sign Blazer) is opened, you will need to import the image. You can do this by going to the menu at the top of the screen, and click on "File"... scroll down to "import" and click once.

A new window should open. From here, you'll need to find wherever you have saved you .eps file(s). Once you have found them using the folders to the right of the new window, double click on the image/image name. A small window will open titled as "import mode", just click on "use full postscript interpreter" once, and you should have an image appear within the SB work space(the pink-ish box).

If you need to adjust the size or edit the image, this would be the time to do it.

At this point you would want to turn on the cutter, connect it to your computer, and feed some vinyl into the machine not you haven't already. When you're ready to actually start cutting the image, go to the top menu and click once on "cutter", and a new window will open. In this window you can see the direction the image by the cutter, which can be changed. From here you can also change the quanity, and the "easy weed" options(cuts a box around the image).

Click on the "cut!" button, and another small window will open, showing you the total size of the cut that's about to take place... one more click(can't remember what the button actually says cause I'm not on a comptuer with SBE, but you'll know which one to click). After you click it... the cutter should come to life.

Good luck!!!

Donald,

Do you have any graphics experience? Any computer graphics experience? If so, what program(s) have you used?

There is an inexhaustable amount of vector clipart loacted on the web, and you will find a lot of help here. But, I think the place to start is for you to tell us what experience you have with computers and graphics. If you have none, don't sweat it, but we can better help you if we know a little bit more about you and your experience.

Bob

omg  wow thank you soooooooooooo very much  thank you  thank you thank you omg no wounder why i couldnt do it thank you thank you thank you thank you after getting so mad and throwing the computer out the back door and unloading about 30 rounds into the computer  which i got a new computer now  but damn i guess i didnt read that part  which i havent seen that part yet but this whole new vinyl thing is so new to me

thank you thank you i try to do things by my self because i know pple r so busy  i try not to bother them but when i have no other option i do ask for help after i smoke 4 packs of cigarettes even thow chantex isnt helping none to stop smoking    bows down at your feet

the program i got is which it came with the cutter which is all i know is sign blazer dont know nothing else about all the others such as inkscape and so fourth

damn what a bunch of knowledgable pple  on this group i  am hoping one day i can be as 1/10 of the knowledge you all have

all i do is read about the things you all are doing  and i get so aggrevated  that i just read and read n read triing to learn all of this but wow thank you so very much

As I mentioned previously, download inkscape. Its a free easy program to learn the basics of. And on the plus side, there is a sub-forum here for inkscape, so there is plenty to read up about... there's also tons of help videos on youtube.

Just an FYI... 8 months ago, I had NO idea what the heck an .eps file was either... so there's still hope for ya. :lol:

That is an excellent step by step resource you typed up Firemalt.  :lol:

It would be good to sticky as a "Start here if you are new to graphics & cutting" for a reference for beginners...

and mabye link a few other tutorial threads to it that others have typed up.

I know there are hundreds of threads for all kinds of skill levels in the Instructional area - so new people get frustrated when they have to hunt around for a place to start.

Yep, I got it. Been going nutz right now rewiring the digs for new network and fiber tv.

omg  wow thank you soooooooooooo very much  thank you  thank you thank you omg no wounder why i couldnt do it thank you thank you thank you thank you after getting so mad and throwing the computer out the back door and unloading about 30 rounds into the computer  which i got a new computer now  but damn i guess i didnt read that part  which i havent seen that part yet but this whole new vinyl thing is so new to me

thank you thank you i try to do things by my self because i know pple r so busy  i try not to bother them but when i have no other option i do ask for help after i smoke 4 packs of cigarettes even thow chantex isnt helping none to stop smoking    bows down at your feet

???u didn't really throw the computer and then shoot did u?

yes i did i unloaded about 30 or 35 rounds into it  it pis-ed me off and come to finf out it wasnt the computer it was my dumb a-s