Sign in to follow this  
latitude42

hit red button during loooong cut.. any way to continue cut from there?

I hit the red button durring a cut... is there any way I can continue the cutting process from where it stopped??? I'm talking 5 yards of 9 year translucent vinyl!!!!!

HELP!!!

Thanks....

Larry C

Because the unit runs stepper motors and not servos your kinda at a loss.

How ever there are work arounds.

But also very many catch 22's to those work arounds as well.

I would run the vinyl from where it is at now (assuming it's still setting in the position it was in when it was cut power) and run it back to the home position manually leaving the vinyl in the machine the entire time.

Then once you have it close to where you think it begin I would throw the pen in the tool holder and remove the blade.

Then run the machine and adjust till it is running the pen where the blade has already cut.

After that I would delete everything on the vector art up to where the machine stopped cutting to.

I would leave a bit of what already had been cut in the vector file just so I make sure I don't get a gap.

Be sure before you delete the already cut lines that you draw a line at the very top of where the art started.  So if it was some ones name like  "Mary"  and it started cutting from the M that at that section you need to draw a line or even a small dot.  If you don't do this what I am telling you wont work.

If you just delete everything it has started cutting and then you run the machine it is going to start right where it's homed' to.

You need the mark to give it a ref point to where the cut needs to begin.

If I am loosing you just send me the file and I will do it for you and help you thru this. I am sure your feeling SOL at this point. I have been there and this is how I got out of it.

After that I would run the machine.  It should run from home to over where your (overlapping) last cut started.

Make sense? LOL

Eric

Guest sciondrgn

Gah man sorry to hear.. Ive done that a few times as well  ;D

Pre-feeding the vinyl helps with that but for long/large cuts it kinda sucks if you don't have enough room. I have had it happen a couple of times but only during the prefeed so it didn't waste anything.