Sign in to follow this  
pungohboy

New to shirts need some guidance

Ok so my heat press isnt here yet but I already have people wanting prices  ;D So I have signed up at Broders and think that will be the way I go until I find something cheaper for the shirts. But I know heat press vinyl is expensive. I plan on using Thermoflex or Multicut I have been studying the "shirt gurus" on here and that seems to be the top ones. I dont want bad products. So that being said how would I start pricing? Like I was planning on getting black and white heat vinyl first to do my own website shirts but I have someone wanting 3 shirts blue and gray 2 colors. How would I be able to give a good price to get the job but make it worth wile to buy the vinyl?

Would anyone be willing to share a pricing scheme I figured out what works for me on decals and stickers but I want to keep the press hot and sell alot but want to make some $$. The vinyl stuff is whats keeping my wife home with our new little one. So any help would be Awesome.

PS I did do some searching and didnt see any answers.

And if anyone dont feel comfortable to publicly say prices thats cool you can pm me  ;D

Hi pungohboy

It is good that you are doing t shirts  ;D

You will need to calculate your square inch cost. If you buy a 15" wide yard of material, it has 540 square inches (15" x 36" = 540 square inches), then divide the cost of the yard / 540 square inches and that is your cost per square inch. Then set how much you want to get per square inch lets say 2 times or 3 times your costs, do the same with the shirt price, add labor and time costs and you are done.

Joe

Guest fivestar

I pretty much do it like Joe does.  I kinda shoot from the hip at times too.  :lol: :laugh: ;D I did that once and shot myself though, I priced 18 shirts with reflective vinyl WAY TOO CHEAP, that stuff is EXPENSIVE.

I have the heat set vinyl but only use it only if someone wants just one shirt.I screen print everything else I sell my screen printed tees for $7.

I screen print for other people for $5 a tee including artwork and screen.

Yeah but just because I am my only employee and own all of the equipment.I have 6 color 4 station harco t-shirt,Flash Dryer,conveyor Dryer

I think that is cheap also but have to keep up with the big boys

For sports jersey's I charge 6.00 for the shirt and front screened image, I also charge 1.50 per number, notice it says **Per** That is the key word. Seems like everyone now a days wants 8 inch numbers. When you put 2 numbers it uses alot of excess sheeitng. The first softball team I did they had numbers like 01,007,09, you get the image (cost) I lost at that time. My second team wanted 2 colors on the front and 2 colors on each of the numbers. I charged 15.00 each and was told I beat Mesquite Sports' quote by 100.00 under. That team is now a life time job. Here lately I have been doin' 2-3 teams a week.  :lol: I usually get 2 yards (each color) and it does a team of 18-20 , I would say a popular color to keep around is, black... just my 2 cents. 

Well Thanks for the help everyone. I am about to place my first shirt order I have around 40 shirts pre sold so far! The press should be here today if fedex doesnt get slack.

WOW!!!$5 for a screen printed shirt. Even if they only want 3-4?

I screen print as well as a myriad of other things, and that is

way below my cost.

For vinyl one-off shirts, I charge $15-20 to start.

I don't work for free and I don't sell on price most

of the time...it is all about relational selling, at least

with most of my clients.

ok, printer cutter, so do u do the transfer thing or do u just direct print. and where r u located.

I do heat press transfer, Screen Print, Dye sublimation, Transfers with the cutter, I agree with the person who said it was cheap. In my area there are 10 sport jersey makers, 8 Screen printers, 20 Sign makers. We all are fighting to get the next order. Yesterday I quoted 1 person 1.00 each shirt for the back of the shirts they already had made. *1.00* for 500 shirts, They ran to the next person that told them they could do it for .95

.95! What a big savings right? Wrong, I am less than 2 mins from the customer, and they drove 15 miles for a .5 savings.

Dallas Tx

No malachiind you are right I don't do 3 or 4 shirts screen printed for $5 unless I already have their screen.I usually start at about $100 for 10 shirts including the shirts,artwork and screen then if they want more $5 each including shirt because I already have the screen.I think $7 for my preprinted shirts is cheap too but we have a ton of screenprinters here.

I was talking to Joe about $5  each for brokers and they still think that is too much.

For 1 off shirts I go $10 and do those on vinyl that is about the going rate around here for 1 offs on vinyl from everyone.

Oh Nonabelle I am in St.Pete FL