I have just set up a new MH721. it test cuts pefectly...calibrates fine and cut the very first (font) letter sign perfectly. I changed the word to my wifes name and set size to 3.664 wide x 9.047 long and clicked cut out under the file menu. It began cutting across the page as the vinyl rolled out. When the cutter head reached the far left side, it just hung there. I turned the cutter off. My baud rate is st right..etc. Have I gotten some setting off? I also tried cutting under the special cutting/cutting of small text tab. It still rolls out the vinyl and cuts in a diagnol until it reaches the far left side. Any suggestions?

Did you change the text using signcut?I the post by mr Kjell he states that signcut is not really text capable,even though it has the text icons,the functions have been basically disabled.If you read through his posts,it will help you imensely in using signcut.I know if you change the size of the text,you have to make sure the size of the tiles are set right as well.It sounds like the cutter was trying to go farther than the 24" width,which is why it went all the way to the left and hung there.And the baud rate works at 4800 and 9600.If you have it set at 96,try dropping it to 48.

I have the baud set at 4800 (shich seems to work best) and did the text through Signcut. I am new at this and dont know how to do text any other way. And...let me ask a REAL dumb question....what are tiles and how do I know the right setting for different size fonts?,Thanks  -Mav

The tiles are the second icon after the design size.then on the end it has the setting for the rotation and width of the cutter size.I would try even creating a word in windows notepad as a .txt file,then bring it up in sign cut.That is probably the biggest part of your problem in using the text function.Since that function does not really function.

Thanks...I will try that tomorrow and let ya know how it went. I am new at this and hope not to have a lot of troubles..but..YIKES. I have to say that it is very intimidating...lol

It's not that bad after you get the steps down.Believe me,repition will get you there in no time.I would suggest installing inkscape that came on the signcut cd.You really need a graphics program to work up your text or images before trying to cut them.I would also suggest using some 20# bond paper and the pen attachment to run instead of the vinyl.At least that way,your're not wasting vinyl.You could even use the 22 x 28 poster board that you can get at wal mart or dollar stores.It's a lot cheaper on you that way.And it saves not only vinyl,but blades as well.