I hope this is the right place to post a question about a lp 24. Is there a driver for the lp 24 for flexi 6.5 ? I've made a few simple cuts using the sign blazer software, but I can't get flexi to recognize the cuter. Any idea where I can get a driver ? 

'

LP 24

Flexi 6.5

cool, well should be cake then.. set this cutter up as a HP plotter or whatever and attach it to the com port that you set up for SBE and set it as the output device...

HPGL-2 although created by HP is used in 99% of plotters even printers as Tykite said. it SHOULD work. Maybe try an HP4550 or something.

all the plotters commands should be the same, the only difference being if the particular plotter has a penholder and the code would tell the holder to lock the pen or whatever...our plotters are much simpler.

anyone know why that wouldn't work?

Wayne

The LP24 does not get recognized as a printer if you connect it to the computer. If it did, then  setting it up to run from anything would be easy. I have tried a number of different Roland drivers to try and get it to work without any luck. I decided to use SignCut, it's really inexpensive, shallow learning curve (a neccessity for me), and gives me more flexibility than SBE did.

I'd still rather cut direct from Corel, so I'll continue looking for ways to use the LP other than the SignCut or SBE drivers.

yeah I understand it doesn't recognize it per se, but if it attaches to a port such as com3 logically via the usb or direct via com3 or whatever then you can manually attach the standard HPGL2 driver to the port.

basically if you can write to com3 (and Im only using com3 as an example) as you do from SBE, then you just attach the HPGL2 driver that port..

then you SHOULD have a printer in my printers that will send the HPGL2 commands to the plotter in whatever program you have.

Wayne

yeah I understand it doesn't recognize it per se, but if it attaches to a port such as com3 logically via the usb or direct via com3 or whatever then you can manually attach the standard HPGL2 driver to the port.

basically if you can write to com3 (and Im only using com3 as an example) as you do from SBE, then you just attach the HPGL2 driver that port..

then you SHOULD have a printer in my printers that will send the HPGL2 commands to the plotter in whatever program you have.

Wayne

Does that sound right to you Tykite?

Guest Terry

found this,  :) I remember he put an icon in the printer fax folder and named it R2D2 for his cutter.

They still have not released a driver for the copam.Hopefully soon.But I use a standard hpgl driver and mine works fine.I also have my cp-2500 set up on lpt in flexi and signcut.Which to me is the way to go.In machine language terms the printers - scanners and cutters have been running on lpt ports for years.I have trouble setting up usb,but it's because I have so many of the new plug and play usb devices installed on the computer.And I think that's why most people are having trouble.

Are you running an ecp port?I had mine on a standard port when I first installed,but it did lag a bit.After I went to the ecp port and unchecked "yeild if device is busy" I have had no problems or lag.But I have also set up the letters cutters driver in the windows printers/faxes folder which acts like a print spool in signcut.And in flexi,I can click the print icon instead of the cut icon and it will cut a wireframe of the design spooled throught the letters cutter driver as a printer.

Guest Terry

Billy Hughes did it a couple years ago with both of his.

Guest Terry

Not sure with the LP though if everything would work?

Really it should... theres nothing special about the LP, all the jogging and stuff would have to still be done with HPGL2.

Ill try mine after I get off this work call

Wayne

Ken told me right after I bought mine that he knew the MH series was recognized. I used to run Rolands, 1050's, ColorCam 50 and 500 from Corel, and a Stika, and a .... and a ...... . I've not been able to get my LP recognized, tho. But, I was having other difficulties when I last tried it that had to do with the USB/Serial. Once I ditched the USB and SBE and went serial to serial with SignCut my problems ended.

This threadh as me wondering, methinks I may try some things tommorrow ........

As for the jogging etc., I don't think that would be any problem. You can setup a regular cutter to do contour, just takes a lot more finesse to do it. But the board and the way the power is distributed could .. maybe?? ...