Sign in to follow this  
Quig

Making Text fit a given shape?

Ok, dumb question but I'm going to ask it anyway...

I'm using a PCUT 25 and Signblazer Elements. I'd like to cut numbers for a Racebike numberplate that is an irregular shape but I'd like the outline of the numbers to be the same shape as the plate. How do I make that happen? If it helps, the plate is basically a parallelagram that is smaller on one side than the other (if that makes any sense...).

Thanks!!

Use Manipulate + Distortion.

Select your text then select Manipulate + Distortion

Select the Linear Option from the panel

Click on OK

Then you can drag the corners of your text to "distort" it.

post-1657-12986519422027_thumb.jpg

Another option that should work.

If you have another program that you do graphics in, ie: Corel, Arts & Letters, or Inkscape (which is FREE), or whatever else, so long as it will export an eps, create it there export it, then import it to SBE.

If you don't have any other program I would suggest that you download Inkscape and start learning it. Somewhere. somehow, sometime you will run across something that you cannot create/duplicate in SBE.

I have used Corel since it first came out, as well have A&L. And my experience has been in corporate logo reproduction. I have not used Inkscape, but learned about it here in the forums. I downloaded it and have played with it a few times, it is absolutely loaded with features.

The computer shop where I hang out and where I have my machine s

etup wanted some office hours door signs, I told him about Inkscape, he downloaded it and set his signs up in a matter of a few minutes, so the learning curve is not killer.

http://www.inkscape.org/

I'm too old to switch horses, but before I paid out hardearned money for a graphics (read vector) proggie I would give Inkscape a serious looksee. Actually, I may just put Ubuntu on this lil' ol laptop and throw inkscape on here .. be a good overhaul for this ol' 850MHz puppy ......

Open Source is sooooooo wunnerful ....

I use Illustrator and Inkscape.  I start in Illustrator, but Inkscape has some functionality that I really like (i.e. the node selector and bmp tracing capabilities).

Guest Terry

I use Illustrator and Inkscape.  I start in Illustrator, but Inkscape has some functionality that I really like (i.e. the node selector and bmp tracing capabilities).

Illy also does that.

Illy also does that.

It does, but I just like the functionality of those in Inkscape better.  :)

Guest Terry

The vector works better in Inkscape thats for sure, my opinion.

I too agree with rebjr inkscape is the bomb also if you really want to learn the features go here http://inkscapetutorials.wordpress.com/ and try some of the tuts.

I played with inkscape last night for a couple of hours, just fooling around. It's trace is absolutely awesome to play with. And, the manual drawing tools work really good. Not as much freedom as Corel, but for the price it's got everything else beat hand over foot!

I will check out the link later today.

Thanks ..