Sign in to follow this  
cbs1963

Contour cutting

I keep reading the forums and have become a little confused.  I've read some are using the LP for contour cutting now.  I've also read that US Cutter is still waiting to release the contour cutting update to SB.  Did I read it wrong?  Any idea on when it might happen?

Not sure about any update release for the LP, I've not heard anything about that. Any updates would most likely have to be in programming. And, both SBE and SC seem to be pretty proud of what they have.

Eric has managed to get SBE to work very well, while I on the other hand was not satisfied with SBE, nor could I get it to function. I finally got SC to work, and that was my chosen proggie anyway as it gives me the flexibility to do what I want with the image before I ever send it to the cutter.

If you have an LP, do yourself a favor and start to play with contour cutting. It opens up new doors. SBE, according to Eric, if I understand him correct, is very user friendly, and you do everythign within SBE, including sending the image to print.

You would have to check with him as to steps he took to get it to work.

In SC, load the driver first, then load the proggie, then perform the laserpoint calibration. Then print out some shapes, with cross hairs and load up the pen and plot over the top and see how it works.

It has its advantages.

Thanks for the reply, rebjr.  I certainly agree with you on the contour cutting.  If I could get good contour cuts on Dark transfer material it would really help.  That's really the heart of the matter.  I could just get a cutter for making t-shirt vinyl and create a much better product than I currently have or I could get the LP and work to get contour cuts from transfer paper as well. To compound my problem the Copam can measure the material before it cuts, which for a newbie like myself could potentially save a lot of vinyl.  Decisions, Decisions.

Hi,

What you are seeing is that a few months back they did not have the software just yet to be able to cut with the LP and everyone that bought one at that time purchased the LP with the notion that the driver/software would be realesed in due time and that then they could cut contours.

That is now over and you now can cut contours with the LP right out of the box so to speak with the supplied software..

Eric

CBS ..

I've done some contour cuts that are really working out fine. The key is to create your outside line thicker than you want it to be, and then cut to the inside. Try to come up with a color that you can print that outside line in that comes as close to matching the shirt color as possible. You can do this by printing out some color charts on tansfer paper and then transferring them to black, then just hold the chart up to the shirt color. You won't get exact but you'll get darned close and it will make the shirt look a whole lot better.

Also, to keep colors down and easy to manage use the default RGB color chart. That will make everything run smoother.

Bob

Thanks Bob.  I appreciate the information.  Need all the help I can get.