FrznFire07

Printing on Metallic Vinyl

Before anyone says anything, i'm fully aware that metallic vinyl is not supposed to be eco-solvent ink compatible.

So we are using oracal 951 silver and we are trying to print a gradient on it.  We've had some luck with this before but this time we can't get it to work at all and I was just curious if anyone on here has ever had luck with an eco-solvent printer and metallic vinyls.

Any tips/tricks?

I will post a picture in a little bit of what we are experiencing.

We used to print on 651 metallic along time ago with our mutoh 1604... Now we are latex and its a non issue for us.

I know when we were printing with the mutoh we had to mess with the heat and saturation settings to get it to not pool.

Ok so here's what happening...

Its like the ink isn't sticking to the material.  I tried multiple profiles, I tried no heat, low heat, and high heat.  I printed on different media to make sure it's wasn't the printer or the file and it came out fine.

post-70098-0-05427500-1458312550_thumb.j

post-70098-0-84547300-1458312552_thumb.j

Have you tried wiping down the material with alcohol to get all the plasticizer off?

Have you tried wiping down the material with alcohol to get all the plasticizer off?

We did wipe down the material really well with a micro fiber cloth, but not with alcohol, usually we find that when we clean printable materials with alcohol you can tell where you've wiped the material once ink goes down, but it's worth a shot!