Sign in to follow this  
radgirl1

Athletic Tail

Anybody have the athletic tail or swoosh whatever you want to call it that you use on ball uniforms? I need eps.

thanks,

Stephanie

How do you go to that file and pick just one tail and make it work in Signblazer? Be patient with me I am new at this. I'm sure this is something simple but I haven't been able to figure it out.

Thanks,

Stephanie

Guest fivestar

Ungroup them and then select the ones you don't want and delete them.

I use a font style for my swashes, these are called LHF Ballpark swashes, and another is LHF emphemra swashes these also come with the fonts that matches them.

Guest fivestar

lol Cuttter I just looked in a font folder I have and I'll be darned......there they was, thanks you can never have too many swashes.

Its been awhile since I had used them, but here lately used them for a softball team I made jerseys for. I think I purchased these 4 years ago. Glad to have helped you find them.

i would love to have that LHF Ballpark font....too bad it's $35,  it's hard for me to spend $$$ on font  :'(

Guest fivestar

Cuttter check your email, I sent you LHF Ephemera Regular, I don't know if that's the same as ballpark, but I sent it your way.

Guest rvgraphixs

Trust me I am about sharing and do! I just liked this article.

http://letterheadfonts.com/piracy/thousanddollarfont.php

The $1000 font

With over 130 Letterhead Fonts being downloaded from file-sharing sites everyday (see example here) , amounting to over $3,000 in potentially lost sales-- it was time to do something.

Fonts like the LHF Garner set typically require about 2-6 months to create. Drawing the letters and then spacing and kerning is tedious work. It requires years of skilled practice to do well. We receive a reward for our time and skill when you purchase the font. Letterhead Fonts was created to help artists, so we are proud when the fonts are used in good designs. But because of the extra lengths we go to in order to create these original fonts, we are also very protective of our work and our rights.

In order to reduce the cases of piracy, Letterhead Fonts began encrypting account data into the font files in early 2007. The information embedded into the font file allows us to track the font back to it's original purchaser. To protect you, the information cannot be altered and can only be read by us.

Unfortunately, In January 2008 we discovered a copy of the LHF Garner set being shared freely on a public forum. This saddened us greatly. Deciphering the embedded information, we discovered the original purchaser of the LHF Garner font was sign artist Randy Howe, Account ID: 2221, purchased on 6/26/07.

We wanted to solve the problem amicably. So I personally called Randy to discuss the matter by phone and see if he could assist with removing the font from the forum. That was really all I wanted. At first, Randy was apologetic and admitted to having given the font to a design firm to do some work for him. But a few days later, it seems Randy had a change of heart and became defensive and uncooperative.

Thus far, we have been unable to get the LHF Garner fonts removed from the file sharing website-- and it has spread like wildfire. This is unfair to Duncan Wilkie who created the fonts and unfair to Letterhead Fonts. Regardless of how many people would have purchased the fonts or not, an artist's work should not be freely distributed without compensation for his time. No one should have the right to use a particular font if they didn't pay for it. Therefore, Duncan Wilkie is entitled to his rightful share of his 70% royalty from the people who downloaded the fonts he created.

As with any business, theft directly impacts the prices of goods sold. In order to compensate for time spent removing illegal copies and Duncan's lost royalties (amounting to more than $1,000), the price of LHF Garner must now increase to $39. This is an unfortunate reality of doing business in a dishonest world. We certainly hope that we do not have to raise the price of any other fonts. Letterhead Fonts wants to keep the prices affordable and within reach of all designers. After all, we would much rather spend our time making new fonts for you than chasing down cases of piracy. But keeping prices affordable will require your help.

Please don't make the same mistake Randy did. Don't share your files with any third party. This includes friends, colleagues, printers or those who might do work for you. Sharing fonts is against your Letterhead Fonts License Agreement. Furthermore, it is illegal and constitutes copyright infringement. And copyright infringement carries some pretty stiff penalties such as 5 years in prison or a $250,000 fine.

You have no control over the fonts once they are out of your hands. But since the fonts are licensed exclusively to you, only you may use them. If you hire a third party to do work for you as Randy did, they must purchase their own copies of the fonts. If you must send a file to the printer, please convert your fonts to curves or outlines before sending. Don't send the fonts.

You are responsible for the fonts licensed to you. So protect yourself and encourage us to continue making new fonts for you at affordable prices. Don't share.

Many Thanks,

--Chuck

Guest fivestar

Moral of the story, don't buy the fonts then they can't trace it back to you.  Let someone else put their neck on the line then go to the file sharing sites and download it.  ;D  I kid. 

Yes piracy is a huge problem in the software business, that's why I don't do it intentionally. ;)