VinylRevamp

Some help needed

Can someone help me out. I merged this together and now im trying to weld but its not doing it. When I go to cut preview I see some lines (soccer players feet) overlapping each other instead of the usual weld.

Im using scalp. I also tried it on inkscape. Any help would be appreciated!

post-88212-0-00201500-1417395936_thumb.j

It would be possible with one color you just won't have any background color. I'm not sure what you are after but the soccer players feet will be cut out of the letters. If you are expecting something else then post the file so we can take a look and see what is happening.

Donn

I DO want the feet to be cut out. I drew a quick pic on paper to show what I mean. Pic 1 shows the cutout on the letter. Pic 2 shows I want to insert the player where the cutout of pic 1 is. Am I making sense?

Please dont laugh at my drawing...im horrible at it lmao!!

post-88212-0-82567400-1417406055_thumb.j

in Inkscape:

1. Select player.

2. Go to Path>Linked offset.

3. Adjust the offset thickness to your liking using the single node.

4. Make sure the offset is still selected, then go Path>Object to path

5. Now choose both the text (making sure both words are combined--Path> Combine) and the offset you created. Then Path>Difference

Or, take the player, add shadow, remove player, use back minus front on the shadow and background, place player back.

@30-284 - I chose your way because I wanted to do it on scalp. It was actually front minus back. I wouldn't have known to do it without your help.....thanks!!!

@30-284 - I chose your way because I wanted to do it on scalp. It was actually front minus back. I wouldn't have known to do it without your help.....thanks!!!

Sorry for the misguided help but I always choose the wrong one and have to back up 1 step and do it again, glad it worked out for you.

Donn

• Like 1