Sign in to follow this  
polarkiss

OK - Where do I put the dang vinyl?

This is a silly question but after searching forums I can't seem to find a straightforward answer.

When I put the vinyl into the machine, do I put the short edge of the vinyl up close to the blade, or do I pull out - say the 5 inches or so PAST the impending image and then start cutting?

If I start it right at the blade, it pulls out of the pinch wheels and starts to cut on the cutter stick.  If pull out the 5" my image will be, it Wastes that five inches and starts to cut on the next 5 inches.  It doesn't make sense.

Basically I guess my question is:  Where does the blade start cutting the image?  Top left or bottom left?

post-2248-12986517385151_thumb.jpg

post-2248-12986517410099_thumb.jpg

Make a couple of test cuts to see where you need to line up the vinyl.

I`d start fairly close to the knife.

mark-s

abour your qwes. u can control it by the program setting or your plotter setting

i use CASMET soft. there i can ajust it image to cut it from where i decicied(4 corners

)the real qwestion is haw the plloter dicied in which order to cut the image -some time its not the shortes way...any way i belive its a mather of the order u creat your image BUT i thing and mybe im worng that in sbe its different and the plotter make the shortest way.

about the 5 inch. it a matter of touch

if u arrived till here its the time 4 sorry of  the bad speeling, nexst time u in israel the beer is on me  ;D

I will try putting it closer to the knife again.  I just seem to be wasting a lot of vinyl.

I did try to go and look at where the cutting starts - but it is super fast and starts before I can walk from my computer to take a look. I will try slowing it down and have my husband hit the "cut" button lol.

on the cutter, press the offline button. use the toggle buttons to move the blade forward or backwards.

once you have it set to where you want it to start cutting, push the origin button.

It will start cutting there.

If you don't do this, then it will roll the vinyl and start kinda where it wants to.

Hope that helps

The advice is helping - I will definately start setting the origin point.

I still can't find where in Signblazer to set where the blade will start to cut the image.  Am I missing something?

It would really be nice if the cutter always started in a designated point (like top left) in the graphic.

post-2248-12986517386386_thumb.jpg

post-2248-12986517410596_thumb.jpg

Lower left is where it will start unless you "rotate across vinyl" in the cutter window. Then it is the upper left

Thank you again for the replies.  I found a good concrete answer after doing the 7 hour tutorial on SignBlazer. 

I wasn't using the cut feature "Move cutter to home position & Move cutter to Maximum position." 

And I wasn't using the Tile feature "Test the tile size on the vinyl by pressing the 'Tile Maximum' and 'Tile Home' buttons. The cutter head moves over the tile size on the unused area on the vinyl."

Whew!  I'm still learning  ;D