Sign in to follow this  
JessXEmoji

Got a question on 3 color decals.

I have a decal im working on and  the main part is 15"x 14" and will be black.   however there are two places on the main part that i want to apply different colors to which are red and yellow. How  can I  apply small sections of other colors without having to cut the outline the same size as the main part? I dont like the idea of having to cut the red and yellow 15" x 14" when only 4 inches will be used.   The application tape would also need to be the same size.  Is there a way around this? I cant just lay a 4" red part on the decal cause the app tape would not fit the whole thing.  lol get what im saying? Thanks!

Yeah, that's a lot of waste...when I've done something like that, I just cut out the part I needed and laid it on there.  Sometimes it works fine, other times it doesn't line up just how you want it...you usually only get one chance!

This is where the clear app tape comes in handy. I have done small peices of clear app tape them peeled it off and applied the paper tape over the entire design.

+1 on the clear app tape. Cut by color and send them seperate from each other, that way your only cuttting what you need not the whole design. Your yellow may become a little darker laying it over the black you may consider cuting out the yellow and red spaces from the black and laying them in instead of layering them.

Thanks for the tips. Im gonna try a couple and see if im able to do it without messing up the whole thing. I might not design anymore decals like this one.