Sign in to follow this  
screaminmiata

What is the best way to scan graphic to vector file?

I am trying to take some graphics and scan them to vector. I have Corel Draw cx3. I scan them Corel it and save to cmx format. it goes to my sbd file like other images but when I try to import it to cut the screen stays blank. Any Ideas? I have tried to save to different file formats but many come up as invalid.

Guest Terry

Scan and save as, jpeg. now open it and vector. save as eps or Ai. depends what program to save as.

If your scanner has the option, scan the document in LINE ART. That is the best way to do it as it will convert everything to solid black. Then open it in your vector program and trace.

If that option is not available, scan it as a Black and White document and then take it to the vector program.

JC

Guest Terry

If your scanner has the option, scan the document in LINE ART. That is the best way to do it as it will convert everything to solid black. Then open it in your vector program and trace.

If that option is not available, scan it as a Black and White document and then take it to the vector program.

JC

good point.