motoxchic

Install on rough backside of blockout banner help needed

What I do in delicate situations is, when the vinyl is stuck, get a paper towel and wet it thoroughly and wipe down the transfer tape and let it soak up what water was put down for about 30 seconds and then remove transfer tape. This helps release the transfer tape. Not alot of water, just enough to get transfer tape moistened.

So, I tried the app fluid, it seemed to work, then tried again, and got a few small bubbles (might have been my rush to get the vinyl on).  Then I tried another area and just blotted the transfer with a wet paper towel of water after applying vinyl.  It definitely seems to "give" a little easier and did not have bubbles.    I am thinking a wet paper towel has more water control, therefore having to dry lots of area before applying the next graphic?

Is this a fairly common practice in these circumstances, and is there any future issues that could arise?  Or if its stuck, its stuck for good?

Thank you for the help, this has been a 3 day ordeal, and I am ready to get back on track with this job!

Would the weather play a big role in the difference in what I am seeing today vs. a few days ago when it was raining (super bad/easy bubbles)?  I am having a harder time GETTING bubbles to show up (doing some tests) today and it is sunny and 65.

Clean banner surface as normal. Stick down your vinyl graphic. Get paper towel, run it under the facet until soaked, wring most but not all of the water out. Then wipe the transfer tape down on the your stuck graphic. Wait about 30-45 seconds, you will see the paper trans tape almost change colors when good and moistened. Then pull off tape at 45 degree angle with tape laid back over on top of the vinyl graphic. Don't put so much water on it that it creates a watery mess, just enough to get the trans tape good and moist. The tape should come off fairly easy with no bubbles. I think your bubbles are coming from you removing the high tac trans tape. Its trying to pull up the vinyl when removing trans tape creating tiny bubbles. Wetting it reduces the tac of the trans tape. Don't let tape sit to long wet though it can turn the tape gooey like.

Thank you! I will do that.  I also talked to Oracal, and they recommended letting the taped graphic SIT on the vinyl overnight to let the vinyl adhesive setup good and strong, then remove the tape.  I am going to also test this.  In the meantime, I am getting good layouts right now with the dry weather, so I might finish one that is "in waiting" with that method. :)