Sign in to follow this  
Helmet_S

Need some opinions Please

So I am getting ready to jump into the whole vinyl cutting industry. I have years of experience design all sorts of things from graphics to mechanical systems so that end is the easy part. Here is my situation though:

Instant access to plenty of jobs through a couple of friends who are graphic designers for a living but sub out all of their vinyl needs. Their needs are decals from small to big enough to justify a 24" cutter, shirts (mostly for sports teams but as many others as I chose to take on as well), banners of various sizes, business cars, etc. I believe that a 24" machine would cover just about all of my needs. Instant business is nice but I will be building my own contacts and promoting myself during this time also.

I am not looking to get into printed vinyls yet. I am intending for the time being to stay with single color vinyls.

I am thinking that from what I am reading on here that a graphtec is the way to go. So I am looking at this one: Graphtec CE-5000 Vinyl Cutter Bundle in 24"

Here is my question: what would you guys suggest to accompany these setup and to also cover shirts?

Are the 5 in one or 8 in one presses worth it or would stand along machines be the way to go.