Sign in to follow this  
JMarieSigns

MH871 z-axis chip - How do I change it?

After talking to tech support, it was determined that I needed a new z-axis chip. When I got it today, I call support for help installing it. He sent me an email with these instructions:

Open the bottom panel of your cutter, specifcally the right hand side of the panel. This will expose the motherboard. On the board you will see a fan. You will notice all chips on the board are facing left to right, but one of them that is only halfway under the fan is facing up / down. That chip is the z axis chip. Simply remove it by hand and put the new one in. When you put the new one in make sure the notch is on the side that goes under the fan.

MAKE SURE THE MACHINE IS DISCONNECTED FROM POWER BEFORE THIS IS DONE.

Unfortunately, I didn't read my email until after support was closed for the night. My machine's motherboard is not under the cutter, it is on the side of the cutter where the LCD screen is. (I know this because I had to replace it as soon as I got my machine, and when I took the bottom off, the fan and the power supply are there, but no motherboard.) When I look at the pictures of other motherboards and z-axis chips, nothing looks familiar to what I have. There is a code on the motherboard of "goldcut2010a".

Any help would be greatly appreciated!