CarterMarkham

Not sure what I am doing wrong...

I have a fairly simple logo I need to make decals from. I was ordering them through other people but it takes time and they don't always come out how I would like, therefore, I have my own cutter now, LaserPoint II.

First off I had a company, LogoNerds create my logo. They give me a ton of different file types.

Attached is my logo in .EPS and .AI formats. I have more, so if you need them just let me know. :)

Using SignBlazer I try to import the .AI or .EPS file and neither work, nothing shows up (tried both post script options).

Using the SignCut Pro software that I bought with the LaserPoint II cutter does the same thing, I open it and nothing shows up.

I opened a file in Inkscape and did the vectorizing shown here ...http://forum.uscutter.com/index.php?/topic/22901-how-to-vectorize-video-from-inkscape-to-signblazer/page__view__findpost__p__182344

I saved it as an .EPS file and SignBlazer wont work with it, and neither will SignCut Pro. What am I doing wrong??

I also have Adobe Photoshop CS5 and saving as an .EPS give the same problem. In CS5 I have the option of EPS, Doc 1 EPS, and Doc 2 EPS. When saving those file types I have options like TIF bits, 24 Bit, font embedding etc. etc. I always use the default settings.

I did finally get a vectored image in SignBlazer and it plotted well. Its just too big, I need to work on the sizing.

Linked also (files are too big, over quota) is a decal I ordered from a company (the one in white) and the one I made (the one in orange)

The only problem really with the one in white is the first "U" isn't cutout like in the one I did. Also mine doesn't have the squared edges around the letters. I don't know how to do that. Any help would be appreciated.

32540_FORMATTED.ai

32540_FORMATTED.eps

http://mainelysubarus.com/Orange.JPG

http://mainelysubarus.com/White.JPG

In Adobe Illustrator, open the .eps file and save it as an older version of .eps. There is a dropdown in the save panel that comes up.

This is how it is in CS3. It should be the same or similar in CS5.

File + Save As

Select the .eps option

Click Save As

Select Illustrator 8 EPS from the Version pulldown.

Click OK

Then you can import it to SignBlazer.

Using a free AI viewer, I can view PointOfExpression's file, but not mark-s's file. I am at work right now so I don't have many options, I will let you guys know how they both work when I get home. Cutting all night long!!

Import it don`t open it, saved down to AI 6 should work.

mark-s

OK, your file works in SignCut, but in SignBlazer its all black.

PointOfExpression, yours wont open in either program.

Not complaining, just filling you in :) I appreciate all your help!!