Sign in to follow this  
gogetemgraphix

HELP..wavy lines

i am cutting numbers that i contoured in corel and imported to signcut to cut. the first cut came out fine, however the second and third time it cut wavy lines around the numbers...not clean straight cuts. what is causing this? it just started and there went 3 yards of vinyl....not my day!

thanks

lue anne

Guest fivestar

Lue Ann post the file and I'll take a look at it and see if it cuts that way on mine.

It would be very unusual  for the graphic to just get wavy if it cut fine the first time.  Did you make any changes to the graphic between the first and second cuts?  Odd that is just the contour too.  Does it look wavy in Signcut?

Guest fivestar

I haven't cut it yet, but the contour is definitely jagged and also the orange numbers show up in my Corel Draw.

I don't have that font so all I see is the contour with the substitute font on top.. which really looks funky.  I can't see that the contour is wavy but it could be because I can't see the whole graphic.

Guest fivestar

hhhhmmmmm....... I cut it and it cut fine.  How big you cutting it?  I cut mine at 5 inches wide and it cut fine.  I do see jagged lines in it so if you're cutting real big that may be a problem, but at 5 inches wide it cut fine on mine.

A contour created in Corel shouldn't be jagged... unless your are contouring something that is jagged.  Strange.

Guest fivestar

dgreenh here it is converted to curves so you can see it.  In my Corel Draw when you zoom in there are alot of jagged edges on it.  

32.eps

32.eps

Thanks fivestar.  I can see a bit of the jaggies that you are talking about.  I recontoured it too... but you beat me to the post.  :rolleyes:

The font probably needed to be converted to curves before cutting anyway.  That might help when it gets stretched out.

Yours turned out exactly like mine, looks good  :o

20" tall, they are race car #'s and i have 3 cars to do....31-32, and 33....lol  all brothers  lol

so there has to be something wrong with my coreldraw? i don't understand why it's doing that.......hey unless it is because i zoomed it before i saved it....you think?

thanks guys!!!!!

lue anne

So, did the wavy lines go away with the new contour? 

You might try converting the text to curves before you contour it.  That might help

Guest fivestar

Lue ann try this one.  I'm heading to bed, I hope it works for you, it looks alot smoother around the edges.

31.eps

31.eps

yes alot smoother.......so what could be causing my contour to be so jagged?  there's got to be some way to get it smoothed out.

thanks a bunch!!!!

have a good day

lue anne