Sign in to follow this  
Mr Peabody

Getting Started

Hi everone,

I noticed that there are a lot of people who are having some great success in this business. I am considering starting a small business making vinyl graphics for cars, wall art and hopefully some local stores and/or some truck and van lettering So here is my question - When you first started in this business or hobby, which ever may be the case, did you market your talents and abilities? Did you advertise, if so how?

If anyone could share their experience when they started it would be greatly appreciated.

:tyvm:

Mr Peabody

To the wayback Sherman.

Guest sciondrgn

For me personally I got the machine as a hobby, I was tired of paying the crazy prices they charge around here for signs and decals for our car club, So I was making some money making the car club decals, I then got some buisness cards and handed them out to friends and family to hand out and ive picked up several clubs as well as sold things on ebay. Still learning alot

For me. word of mouth has been the most successful advertising. I sell more by recommendations people make to other people than

on any site. I get calls everyday like this "I was told you make decals and shirts... I need a shirt thats says this _____ for this event_____."

I really get good business this way.

Just do a grat job and good price (not saying to go cheap) and you will get customers.

Joe