Sign in to follow this  
torquen

Repeat cutting how to stop??

I have a SC series vinyl cutter. I am new to all of this. I have been making a few simple logos and have been cutting them out with zero problem. Last night I made a logo with a little more to it and I'm having a problem when cutting.

When cutting, the cutter will start in random places instead of at the begging of the text and continue through. Then it will repeat the same exact cut two or three times. The first time the cutter makes the pass its perfect, but the more times the cut starts getting sloppy.

I'm not sure if its my settings in either "Inkscape" or "Signblazer". I would like for the cutter to only go through the cutting process once and be done. Its not repeating the entire cycle over from start to finish. Its doing one letter then another, then will go back to the first letter and cut it again. Then may Skipp to the end of the text and cut that letter. Then back to a letter that has already been cut and do it again.

Attached is the file I am trying to cut. Please take a look and see if its something wrong with the file.

Garrett

fromeco eps l1 done.eps

fromeco layer 1.svg

It's cutting twice because you have a thin outlined layer behind your graphic, so it's cutting 2 times when sending it to your cutter.

Delete the outline behind it !!!

Edit...

It's actually an outline around your graphic.

If you change your graphic to another colour you will see the Black outline around it.

Delete the outline and it will only cut once.

Ok so I changed the color to white and I see the outline your talking about. But how do I delete the outline? The outline is the path for the cutter right? The cutter does not follow the color?

If I try and delete the outline its getting rid of the nodes which changed the entire shape of my logo. I'm using Inkscape, if someone can walk me through what to do that would be awesome. Below is the logo with the color changed to white.

Garrett

layer 1 wire.svg

I'm opening your EPS file in Corel.

So what ever cutting program your using open it there.

If you changes it to White obviously you wont see the graphic on your screen right ??

Leave as Black then... Click on it and move it away.

You will then see one solid Black image and one outline image.

Use your DELETE BUTTON to delete the outline and use the solid image to cut.

It is still a vector so it will cut it.

Signs Down Under, I did as you said and saw exactly what you did. Thank you very much for the help! I'm not the best at this stuff so I appreciate you walking me through this. Ill give it another try as soon as I'm off work in the morning.

Garrett