Sign in to follow this  
Crashcoper

Complicated image

I have an image thats way above my skill level to vectorize.  I recently made decal for a 56 buick police cruiser the police dept I work for is restoring (I vectorized a scanned image of a badge from that era) and now the chief wants me to do a very large decal of the departments seal (7 colors/layers) which is very detailed.  The only image they had is a .pdf file that was e-mailed to me (document properties says it was created in illistrator CS2) which was prob. the art approval image whom ever designed the flag they had made.  When I enlage the image in Adobe Reader it doesnt lose image quality so could I be lucky enough to import it into another program and find that the vectorization transfers or since its in .pdf will It need to be traced again. or is is it even poss. to import it into SBE or Illistrator 7 which are the programs I have. :bang:  If I decide to take this on I will prob. have to have one of the local graphic artist do this for me but I want to avoid that expense if possible.  Sorry for the long winded question, I hope it makes sense.  Thanks

If it was made in Illustrator and saved as a .pdf you can still open it in AI and have it as a vector file.

Try opening it in AI. If you cant open it cuz your version is too old, just let me knoe and I can open it in my AI cs2 and save it in an older version for you.

I hope it will open, thank you.  if it doesnt I'll post again tomarrow.  I'm on duty now making new friends on patrol.  If i'm on-line too much the Lt. gets grumpy!

You might want to find a company that will just digitally print that on some vinyl for you 7 layers man good luck time invested might be better off to have it printed.

Thanks for the imput. I'm going to have them get it printed.  Every time they get wind that I can do something they try to dump it off on me along with my regular duties.  I have a furnature shop and I've built numerous items for them (at a an overtime rate).  After 15 yearsgotta start telling em no.  Just wouldn't be fun to do this + They wouldn't like the cost.

Thank you again :)

I know what ya mean. I work for a construction equipment dealership and I'm always bringing stuff home to do. They do pay for it though...they don't know it but oh the pay!  :)