sweetdealcals

Steps Contour Cut - Laser Point - Corel - Signcut PP

All: I am looking to fill in some blank spots in the contour cut process.

We have: Coreldraw X3 / Laserpoint 36 / Signcut productivity pro.

The part of the process I am struggling with is:

Registration marks, their creation in corel, their postioning, layering, etc... Then the relationship with signcut productivity pro, when it is time to do the alignment.

Jupacreations, has a nice guide, but does not go into detail about the set-up within corel as far creating the registration marks, if its necessary for them to be in a particular location. And then how that transfers properly into signcut.

Thanks. Sweetdealcals.

A simple "BOX" or Rectangle/square will suffice as registration marks, just simply use the corners to line up the laser. Create 2 seperate layers in corel one print, and one cut. The square/rectangle MUST be on both layers. On the cut layer create your cut contour, and print... well- self explanatory.

Print your "Print" layer on your printer, laminate etc...

Export your "Cut" layer as an EPS or other SignCut compatible file- and import into SC.

Click advanced or simple contour cut and follow the prompts to align your page-

VOILA>

I have used this method in Inkscape, Flexi, and Corel- All work just fine, as long as your printer prints out a 100% to scale image... and your cutter is set up with the proper offset, and page is aligned properly.

A simple "BOX" or Rectangle/square will suffice as registration marks, just simply use the corners to line up the laser. Create 2 seperate layers in corel one print, and one cut. The square/rectangle MUST be on both layers. On the cut layer create your cut contour, and print... well- self explanatory.

Print your "Print" layer on your printer, laminate etc...

Export your "Cut" layer as an EPS or other SignCut compatible file- and import into SC.

Click advanced or simple contour cut and follow the prompts to align your page-

VOILA>

I have used this method in Inkscape, Flexi, and Corel- All work just fine, as long as your printer prints out a 100% to scale image... and your cutter is set up with the proper offset, and page is aligned properly.

VM:

Is this possible regardless of the size of the vinyl, and the location of the "registration" marks?

I've used the examples and, I have printed, aligned, and "cut" as per the tutorials and examples, but, ! when I try to go, custom, and larger than "letter" size it starts getting way off location. So, at the moment, I have not unsderstood, that I can only succesfully contour-cut letter size vinyl... Or, I am missing a key step or steps, to the process. The odd thing is, there are actually no, step by step, info-guides, that explain how to do custom sizes, and registration marks, not in any help files for SBE, or signcut productivity pro, or from US cutter, etc... Now, I am perfectly ready to accept the fact, that the info is there, and I am just too thick to pick up what I am being told. However it seems like everyone else is so skilled with this, they are not writing the one or two little details I am missing?

To explain, what I want to do:

On custom cut vinyl. 12" wide x 14" long.

Create a design in corel X3: multiples of a decal, maximizing the count, but having enough room at the top and bottom for custom location, registration marks.

Add a "cut" layer, safely offset from the edges of each decal.

Print this sheet from Corel on an epson Workforce, with the the cobra ink system.

Laminate this sheet.

Set this on the laser point.

Transfer the design from Corel to Signcut Productivity Pro, through the plug-in.

Pick up the non-template, non standard registration marks, on the sheet with the laser.

Simple or advance contour pick up "my" marks.

Quickly and consistently cut around each decal.

Too much to ask? Or a standard operation, and I'm just not figuring something out yet?

Thanks All: