Sign in to follow this  
Nitsuj

USCutter came through

I didn't want to put this in the criticism section since it isn't critical. But I know people are apt to complain more than they are give credit. So I wanted to post up to give as much of a review as I can at this point.

I ordered my Graphtec CE5000 last Thursday evening. I got a shipping conformation Friday morning and a notice that one of my free items wasn't in stock for shipping. It was a clip art cd. I got another notice Mondaynto let me know the CD shipped. So today, Fedex delivered my cutter. Good shipping time considering I ordered right before a holiday. Everything was very well packaged.

The Graphtec gear seems well built. People that work with tools will know what I mean, but when you hold cheap stuff, you can just tell. You can even tell by the boxes. If you don't know what I mean, buy a tool from Harbor Freight, then buy the same tool fromSnap-On or even Sears. You can "feel" the difference, even blindfolded. Nothing wrong with cheap tools, they have their place. But you never want to spend the bucks for good gear then get it and feel like it's just overpriced cheap stuff. I know nothing about plotters, but I can tell this isn't a junky one. Everything feels solid and has that sort of quality heft. The powder coating in the stand is nice. The hardware they give you to assemble it is nice.

I can't yet speak for the operation of the machine, since so far I can't figure out how to work it. But the initial impressions of USCutter and Graphtec are positive.

• Like 1