Sign in to follow this  
absolute_customs

Thinking of expanding into T-shirts, have a few questions!

Hello all,

Im currently just doing cut decals with my cutter, but have been kicking around the idea of starting to make t-shirts.

My question is, if i get siser easy weed vinyl and a heat press, i should beable to do basic tshirts?

Also if i was to get a Epson 1100 printer, heat transfer paper, and a heat press then i should beable to do more elaborate shirts?

So all i should need would be...

-Epson 1100

-Heat transfer paper (printer) / Heat press vinyl (cutter)

-Heat press

This looking right?

Thanks,

Justin

That would cover the basics needed. Eventually you would probably also talk yourself into buying some parchment paper (baking paper in the grocery store) and an infrared thermometer. I don't know what cutter you have; you planning on contour cutting any ink transfers create?

Well currently i have a MH-721, so no contour cutting now, but i beleive my first order is going to be some lettering and a picture of 2 tractors for a local tractor event. So i guess contour cutting might be useful.

Just wondering, what is the parchment paper used for?

I take it the thermometer is used to make sure the press is heated enough?

A noob question, when is contour cutting used? Just for when you have a picture that you only want part of right? Print the whole picture, then just cut out the part you want?

Thats what i would put on top of the shirt and decal before i heat press it correct?

After talking it over with my financee, we are thinking of just going with a heating press for the time being, and using our cutter to make basic shirts. And if a customer would like something we cant do with out cutter, such as a picture, we will outsource that part out and have someone else make it, but still put it on ourselves.

Thats what i would put on top of the shirt and decal before i heat press it correct?

After talking it over with my financee, we are thinking of just going with a heating press for the time being, and using our cutter to make basic shirts. And if a customer would like something we cant do with out cutter, such as a picture, we will outsource that part out and have someone else make it, but still put it on ourselves.

Thats the way to go I have printing many transfers on jPSS for folks on here that didnt want to buy a printer but had the heat press, great way to get into it good luck

No experience with them. Looking at the press they offer; have been using a similar imported 15" press the past 2-4* years without issue for hobby and friends, it works well. Plan to put it and a Graphtec CC200-20 with Accublade holder and four or five partial rolls of 15" Siser EasyWeed and ThermoFlex + out at our community garage sale this upcoming Sat 8/6 for $400. Am at zip code 46517 and can be reached at scrapwood@juno.com if there is any interest.

I would suggest to get the best equipment you can afford. You won't be sorry later down the road. We use a hotronix and love it. We recently got a direct to garment printer to do shirts, but that is the most expensive method of doing them. Good luck.