Sign in to follow this  
sdjdask

pricing help needed, please

I wasn't sure I wanted to take this job in the first place (wasn't sure i could do it) and was somewhat pressured into it, but it's ALMOST done and I'm starting to feel proud of myself in accomplishing it. But I'm lost entirely on how to price it. I've run it through several of the price calculators found on here but they all seem to come up with very different amounts. The job is a logo on each door, fleet truck numbers and a 4 inch straight stripe across both sides (of a Peterbilt), all of it is 2 layered. I had to recreate the logo, after searching for the font for the logo and numbers. My actual time line for the logo was about 8 hours, but to be fair to the customer I used what I learned and timed what it took me to create it start to finish and that took about an hour. It took just over an hour and a half to cut and weed everything. My material cost, including app tape is about $60. I still have to install, how do i price the install when I know that it will take me a lot longer because it's my first? I know that if I can get this one finished to the customers satisfaction and can find a price that will work, I will be getting a lot of repeat business from him and through him. Oh and the reason that I'm really worried about this is this is for my husbands boss, which is why i was pressured into taking this job (sort of putting my money where my husbands mouth is). Thank you all.

I wasn't sure I wanted to take this job in the first place (wasn't sure i could do it) and was somewhat pressured into it, but it's ALMOST done and I'm starting to feel proud of myself in accomplishing it. But I'm lost entirely on how to price it. I've run it through several of the price calculators found on here but they all seem to come up with very different amounts. The job is a logo on each door, fleet truck numbers and a 4 inch straight stripe across both sides (of a Peterbilt), all of it is 2 layered. I had to recreate the logo, after searching for the font for the logo and numbers. My actual time line for the logo was about 8 hours, but to be fair to the customer I used what I learned and timed what it took me to create it start to finish and that took about an hour. It took just over an hour and a half to cut and weed everything. My material cost, including app tape is about $60. I still have to install, how do i price the install when I know that it will take me a lot longer because it's my first? I know that if I can get this one finished to the customers satisfaction and can find a price that will work, I will be getting a lot of repeat business from him and through him. Oh and the reason that I'm really worried about this is this is for my husbands boss, which is why i was pressured into taking this job (sort of putting my money where my husbands mouth is). Thank you all.

Add up all the time that it took...or should have taken for you to discuss the job with the client,design and to make the graphics, multiply that by your hourly rate. Double your material costs, add that to the labor time and you have the price for the graphics.

How long do you think it should take to apply the graphics if you knew what you were doing? Multiply that by your hourly rate.

Add your graphic cost to your install cost and that would be my price.