Sign in to follow this  
redriding

cs630 - installation help; cannot open port

Hello, I have updated cr630. I am now using a cs630 (pcut).

It seems they both use the same driver, something along the lines of atm6124. Anyway, I deleted the previous driver. I then cut the one from the CD into system32/drivers folder.

I am using Flexi starter at the moment. I was able to plot using flexi on my cr630.

However, I have just set up my cs630 and can't plot a thing. It is very frustrating. The machine is online and when I go to plot through flexi I just get the error message "cannot open port".

What should be my settings in device manager? I am using USB port.

Thanks

Red (ready to check into the pcut wing of the psychiatric ward)

ok - so it turns out I have a cs630G. I think I have the right driver. Where do I get drivers?

Using Flexi it appears the job is in progress (increasing %) but the cutter doesn't move...

UPDATE2: I have the driver. The cutter now responds. However, when I go to test (using a generic simple pattern, 15*15 cm) the cutter head cuts a line and travels to the opposite kill switch.

ok - so it turns out I have a cs630G. I think I have the right driver. Where do I get drivers?

Using Flexi it appears the job is in progress (increasing %) but the cutter doesn't move...

UPDATE2: I have the driver. The cutter now responds. However, when I go to test (using a generic simple pattern, 15*15 cm) the cutter head cuts a line and travels to the opposite kill switch.

You need to use the CTO630G driver at 38400 Baud rate in case any new users read this thread.