Steph

FlexiSign 8.1 compatible with 24" Laserpoint Cutter?

Hi, we use FlexiSign 8.1 Pro at work, and I'd like to buy a USCutter 24" Laserpoint Vinyl Cutter to use for my own small projects. I don't work specifically on the cutting/printing side of things, my job is creating the artwork in Ilustrator, but I wanted to be able to cut my own vinyl designs at lunchtimes, etc, on my own machine in my office, so no feathers get ruffled. The boss said I can do it in my office if I get my own machine, and learn to use FlexiSign 8.1 on my own time. A friend recommended the LP24 as the way to go, but before I buy one I wanted to be sure it was compatible, as I'll be setting it up myself. Anyway will 8.1 have the drivers to operate the LP24, or can they be downloaded somewhere? I guess I could contact our rep, but I'd like to get this sorted on my own time with a minimum of fuss.

Cheers for any help,

Steph

I had a a bit of a look around in 8.1 today, and I saw the PCUT 630 in the Production Manager, so obviously it will support the LP24. So I bought an LP24 from USCutter, as well as some spare Roland cutters to suit, and it should be here next week! Very cool. :)

Do I need to select anything special to support the laser pointer?

Thanks,

Steph

I had a a bit of a look around in 8.1 today, and I saw the PCUT 630 in the Production Manager, so obviously it will support the LP24. So I bought an LP24 from USCutter, as well as some spare Roland cutters to suit, and it should be here next week! Very cool. :)

Do I need to select anything special to support the laser pointer?

Thanks,

Steph

Flexi drivers are in the support on USC's main page for the LP24

• Like 1

Yeah, I ended up cancelling my order after they tried to increase the shipping cost from just over $100 to $225!!! I got mine from another supplier for $95 shipping through TNT. The funny thing was the one I bought was even heavier than the LP24! Go figure. :blink:

Yeah, I ended up cancelling my order after they tried to increase the shipping cost from just over $100 to $225!!! I got mine from another supplier for $95 shipping through TNT. The funny thing was the one I bought was even heavier than the LP24! Go figure. :blink:

What kind did you buy? If I may ask?