Sign in to follow this  
firemalt

Installation fees?

Just curious how many people charge their customer to install the vinyl, and what's a good solid base price... be it per sq. ft., etc.

I people don't care to post this type of information on a public forum... PM's are welcome.

Thanks for your help and suggestion in advance...

I charge $65 an hour for install and estimate a time when I quote. If I quote two hours and it takes me two and a half I only charge the two since it was my own fault for not allowing more time.  But I haven't run into that problem yet, I have been dead on with my last few jobs.

I currentlly charge $45 hr to install but this is a side business I have a regular full time job if this was my bread abd butter I would have more over head and would charge in the $65 hr plus range. I know that I have talked to other local shops and they charge anywhere from $75 -$95 hr.

I used to do installations but I found any time I am away from my shop I would be losing business. Find you a reliable person and refer installations to them. Let them have ALL the installation money, but have the customer deal with them.

Staying in the shop is where the meat is and you will have less chance of hurting yourself, someone else or damaging property.

Been there, done it.

(did my first sign in 1955.)

well... currently, I just work out of office/shop I have setup at my house, that's not an issue. But I haven't been charging for installation nor have I been adjusting my quotes to price without an installation in mind.

I feel like I lost out on some possible money on my last job this week, but guess I'll chaulk it up as a learning experience.

Thanks for the replies and suggestions.