Sign in to follow this  
theishkid

Fluids

Hello all.

I'm about to do my first install next week and I want to get all the fluids I might need... Cleaners/Application fluids.

For cleaning I've been told to use rubbing/isopropanol alcohol. But is that all you use for cleaning the glass?

Or do you use a glass cleaner without ammonia first and then use the alcohol?

And what about for paint on a car? Is it safe to use alcohol on a car paint?

For Application fluid I've read on here to mix a gallon 3/4 full of water, 3 or 4 squirts of liquid dish soap, and then fill the rest with more alcohol. Is that right? Is there anything else I need to know? Any special kind of dish soap?

Hello all.

I'm about to do my first install next week and I want to get all the fluids I might need... Cleaners/Application fluids.

For cleaning I've been told to use rubbing/isopropanol alcohol. But is that all you use for cleaning the glass?

Or do you use a glass cleaner without ammonia first and then use the alcohol?

And what about for paint on a car? Is it safe to use alcohol on a car paint?

For Application fluid I've read on here to mix a gallon 3/4 full of water, 3 or 4 squirts of liquid dish soap, and then fill the rest with more alcohol. Is that right? Is there anything else I need to know? Any special kind of dish soap?

I use the Iso on both surfaces. AS far as the homemade app juice, I believe you only want a couple of drops of soap not squirts.