Sorry to post this again but I have emailed uscutter support and posted on here. both with no respose back.

I have around a 3 year old MH721 and I am using a USB, with Windows XP. I use sign blazer.

The machine works great for about 20 minutes then whether cutting or not it will reset itself and go to 00 downforce and 20 inches per second.

Then after it does that I will turn it off then on and put it back to my settings and it will reset itself whether cutting or not after a few minutes even seconds sometimes.

I have never taken the machine apart I need some advice first.

not to say that this will solve your problems, but you should really think about ditching the USB and using the serial cable. i had all sorts of small annoying glitches with the usb cable before the mob of users on here convinced me to switch. once i started using the serial cable, i have had ZERO problems of any kind. perfect connection and cuts every time.

it may not be the problem you're facing, but it'll certainly help and eliminate the possibilities.

Sure sounds like the usb to me..... are you using the keyspan on that machine?

The cutter will do it even if its not connected to the computer. I can turn it on and after a while it will reset randomly itself. I was wondering if there is a relay in it somewere thats getting hot? Or if theres a chip going bad or something.

Hi there,

First, if you need help it's better to title your posts something specific, rather than just 'I need help' which could be anything. Might get more eyes on your post. Maybe update your title with something like, 'Help: MH721 and erratic behavior' or some such.

Second, does the cutter always start off ok and then freak out in the manner described, with serial or USB connection? That's very odd. Maybe it's overheating? I know that sounds weird, since I've never heard of overheating issues. Could be static electricity too. Have you wired your cutter to a ground source?

A Keyspan is also a good idea for any cutter with a serial connection (especially if the USB connection seems too loose).

Good luck, definitely keep trying with US Cutter, sounds like a question for them.