Sign in to follow this  
freezermink

size accuracy issue - just noticed this today...

so i was messing around doing test cuts for some designs i was working on and noticed a strange size difference in SB between what i specify and what actually cuts.  i just tested out a rectangle.  i made it 350mm wide by 180mm tall.  the rectangle that actually cut is approx 356mm x 184mm.  

i did a smaller one as well - 150 x 60mm that came out ~152 x 61.   so it seems the margin of error is proportional at about 1.7%.

now for decals and stickers, wall art etc, a couple mm is no big deal, as even the layered stuff that i've done scales correctly so things line up as they should.  but i'm not satisfied with the inaccuracy.  if i need to cut exactly 350mm, i would like to know that i can do that.  doesn't seem logical to me.  using an MH721 and SB.  i even imported a shape from AI and it shows the same.  any ideas?

;D

I'm not sure what cutter you have but there should be an X and Y compensation setting on the machine to fix your problem.

its the USCutter MH721 and signblazer software. 

i checked through the manual and all the settings i could get to and it doesn't look like there is a compensation setting... or at least any that i can find.  i've been searching around and haven't seen any similar problems, but i'll keep looking.  thanks for the help-

update -  i used the SB software "cutting size correction" function within the setup of the cutting screen - i input the sizes that it was intended to cut, and input the sizes that it actually cut, and it seems to be dead on now.  so i think i'm ok.

however

i am still possibly looking for a solution out of the software so that if i use different software in the future, or reinstall, etc, i know i will be as accurate as possible.  it seems like a calibration of the cutter itself would be in order, but i have yet to find that solution.  suggestions?

Good to hear you found a solution. My PCut allowed me to compensate on the cutter too.