Sign in to follow this  
dlilazteca

Laser transfer vs ink jet

ok,,

thank all for looking im looking to invest in a tranfer system for t shirts i do not plan to have big orders now so screen printing is not really an option....im looking for individual orders so tranfers would be the way to go for me. Im just wondering here are my questions

1. which system would last longer on a tshirt

2. I know that laser transfers can be selfweeding inother words not need to cut tranfers for unwanted edges

what do you recommend and why?

what printers should i look for

Hello and welcome to the world of T-Shirts,The system I would recommend is the the Work force 1100 from Cobra ink systems.

Hello and welcome to the world of T-Shirts,The system I would recommend is the the Work force 1100 from Cobra ink systems.

+1, make sure to get pigment ink.

A lot of people use the same setup with great results.

Thanks Nite walker,make sure to get the pigment inks for the heat transfers and recommend the Jet-Pro soft strech for light color shirts and the 3G Jet opaque for dark shirts,check out Specialty Graphics for these

We recommend one thing, never tell a customer no. Even though you don not have a screen printer, there are custom transfers out there with incremental pricing per sheet you receive. With our custom transfers you can fit what ever you can on a 11x17 sheet. We screen print your art onto paper and you would get them and press them on for a fast 4-6 seconds.

first off what kind of printer do you have, no need to go buy a new one, yet!  do a couple jobs with what you have first to see how you like the out come. we have tested both inkjet and laser and after washing they seem to have both kept their colors. Keep conducting your research and you should be just fine.

Good Luck and don't forget to pre-press.