runit

inkjet printer?

i have a regular old epson 5 color inkjet model workfore310 i have been watching a few videos on youtube that show using regular printers and printing on tshirt transfer paper and it coming out just like the 40k prininters i dont see in any way how this could be true i was just wondering how you guys and gals think my printer would hold up im in the auto field so nothing with rediculus colors and such just a few simple pictures a heat press some tees and couple burned fingers..... almost forgot the booze lol jk..

where can you get the paper that you print on then heat press to the shirt :rolleyes:

They won't come from compusa with the continuous ink system though. I wouldn't buy any inkjet printer without a CIS if you plan on doing t-shirts or general printing. The ink savings with a CIS pays for itself the first couple of times you'd have to buy new cartridges. It's a great printer though. I love mine.

For inkjet transfer paper, jet pro soft stretch (JPSS) for lights and whites, 3G jet opaque for darks.

Specialty graphics has them as well as coastal business. Both have special offers for t-shirt forum members.

the link you posted for the printer didnt work earlier but yeah im really looking forward to getting a printer set up i just ordered a heat press and some t-shirt vinyl to give that a go lol :rolleyes: how much did you pay for your printer?

Sorry, fixed the link.

I paid $249.99 + $32 shipping. I also bought a set of 4 bottles of 4.4 0z pigment inks to refill the tanks when they get low, which doesn't seem to be any time soon. It was worth every penny. Richard gives a forum discount oo, just mention it when you call hi if you do.

What heat press did you go for and what vinyl? I'm getting the transpro 15x15 soon and I'll probably be using siser easyweed.

thats really not that bad at all considering what you can make as a return off of it .....yeah i got easy weed its aot harder to work with to me vs regular stign vinyl its alot more money too but its worth it i think but it also seems like printing would deffinitly be the way to go ?

Both are viable options; you'll come across jobs where the best option would be to use both.

It's best to have both options available.

Regarding the printer, even if you're not using it for business use, I'd recommend a CIS anyway; the ink savings is amazing.

after i finish the job im doing now ill deff invest in a printer because it seems like a deffinit need

NW is right. The printers now days come with real small ink cartridges. EVen if you don't buy from Cobra, you can get a really good deal on ebay, and they have Pigment Ink and it's made in the US.

The one I bought came with a really good package, instructions, Dvd, etc. I've used them before on older printers.

I'm also going to attempted to clean my old epson 1280. I found a tutorial for epson printers on youTube. Talked to the instructor and some other students in a screen printing class I took last weekend. The instructor had a bottle of some cleaner he says he uses with blank or empty ink cartridges and it works well.

One of the other students went home and clean his with windex. It cleared his clogged heads.

I just noticed that that website has cartrages for a workforce 310 can i just stick them in and print or what all do i need to do?

Runit,was looking on the site,the 310 uses the 68 cartridges so you can buy the carts and buy the bulk ink for the 310 for shirts and make sure you get the pigment ink. Also check out specialty graphics for the Jet Pro soft stretch and 3G jet opaque sheets.Also the WF 1100 that others and I own will print on the 11X17 sheets saving money per sheet.Hope it helps

The 68 Cartridge is the same for the Epson Workforce 1100. Also I believe the 68 is a High Temp ink which is the same as Sublimation Ink.

The WF 1100 can also use the 69 cartridges. Hope I don't have the numbers mixed up.

The 68 and 69 cartridges are just codes epson uses; 68 is high capacity, 69 is standard.

Either will take any of the three ink types.

For JPSS, Coastal Business has a great deal on JPSS for t-shirt forum members. Best deal I've seen online. They have rolls too.

what do you guys think about this? what im going to be doing is only printing tshirt transfers off of this printer it will be used ALOT! lol do you think it would be a good investment with just the cartrages or no heres some links

the printer http://www.compusa.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=6269806&CatId=242

the ink http://www.cobraink.com/cartridges%20pigment.htm

If you're going to be using it for t0shirts, I'd get a cis over refillable carts.

Again, the WF1100 is a great deal for the money. Especially for shirts and prints. Also, it prints larger than the 8.5 x 11 that the artisan 50 does, up to 13x44.

For about $30 buck more you can find the WF1100 Nite mentioned. Plus Staple's has a 10% off coupon, that's good until Friday. 1/21

If you're going to be using it for t0shirts, I'd get a cis over refillable carts.

Again, the WF1100 is a great deal for the money. Especially for shirts and prints. Also, it prints larger than the 8.5 x 11 that the artisan 50 does, up to 13x44.

ever wonder where or why they came up with 44" ?? I have done just about 40" long on mine... no clue why it wouldn't keep going though?

For about $30 buck more you can find the WF1100 Nite mentioned. Plus Staple's has a 10% off coupon, that's good until Friday. 1/21

While yes it is the same workforce 1100... no its not. The CISS is a whole different thing. I would just have CobraInk do it. I had them do mine, came full of pigment ink, all I had to do was instal some driver and plug it in and I was printing.

While yes it is the same workforce 1100... no its not. The CISS is a whole different thing. I would just have CobraInk do it. I had them do mine, came full of pigment ink, all I had to do was instal some driver and plug it in and I was printing.

What kind of vinyl for contour cutting do you all use? I've only seen the Sihl and Mactac.... Mactac seems to be less expensive and available in smaller more manageable quantities.... whereas sihl seems to only come in larger rolls from sign warehouse. Then to pose the question of overlaminate. I hear frogjuice is good but is more of a matte finish. Does anyone sell a nice thin gloss overlaminate that comes in small rolls?

Thanks Guys!