RyanJ

How do I install pen to use as plotter?

I just received my Copam c2500 and am having the usual round of connectivity problems with the USB.  Parallel seems to work better, but only my laptop has it yet.  That problem aside, I am practicing using a pen and roll of plotter paper, both cheaper than practicing on vinyl!  I can't seem to ever get the pen to lift off of the paper.  When it is done with one letter it goes to the next and leaves a streak in between.  From start to finish the pen is down and my image is covered with excess lines.  It does this on the self test and on the SignCut sample image.  What am I doing wrong? :huh:

you have to set the pen at about the width of a nickle when you put it in the blade holder.

Me again.  Thank you Mr. Hughes your advice was helpful but didn't solve the problem.  I called Marcel andhe had me take the cover off the carriage because the arm/holder unit was frozen.  I simply had to force the unit down GENTLY until it freed up.  Some slight corrosion on the guide column on the right of the carriage unit had frozen the arm.  It works wonderfully now!

I use a simple BIC stick pen.  That's saying a lot for a fellow how works full time in an office supply store!  The fancy pens don't clamp in very well because they have a long taper on the point.  THe BIC has a long barrel and relatively blunt snout so it clamps in quite well.  I also used a Uni-ball gel pen with excellent results, but slight difficulty with clamping it in.