Guest Finishing Touch

Has anyone ever put vinyl on Cemplank

Guest matt72

I have a customer who is not allowed to hang any signage to outside of building.. but can advertise directly on building.

Outside of building is Cemplank  Cement Fiber   has anyone ever put vinyl directly on this before  

Thank you in advanced

Several manufacturers have printable goods for rough/masonry surfaces at a premium but I have installed MacTac 9800 on painted brick before using lots of prep a heat gun and a felt squeegy.

I first cleaned the surface with TSP then wiped once again with 70% alcohol and waited about a half hour before applying.

It was a light adhesion but after almost a year it's still up.

You could apply a test patch and see how it holds up or even offer to maintain it for a monthly fee which is something I do for a few customers that have alley signage in an area prone to vandalism.

Guest matt72

I looked into the price and WOW  so you don't think an Intermeidate Cal Vinyl will hold up? another issue is We are in Maine so the weather is not exactly in my favor as I have read the temp. is a factor. Well I really appreciate your info thanks.

I didn't think about the fact that 80 degree days are long gone in some parts of the country. It was 86 degrees here two days ago.

You could always just mask and rattle can it... I've done that to bad rusty metal before.

You could try a latex exterior enamel. Paint the surface where you want to apply and give it plenty of drying time. The apply using med or light tach app tape. I have stuck to latex before on painted exterior plywood and never had a problem.

Or use precut raised lettering, liquid nails and paint a outline with exterior paint.