Sign in to follow this  
voice8

Head will not go on tracks

Got my cutter in the mail with the head off the tracks. I found a few threads that stated you could just lift up and back and it would reseat. On my cutter the wheels will not raise high enough to get back on the tracks.... Any idias?

Its an mh365

I couldn't find any answers, but here's how I fixed mine, in case anyone else is searching and finds this thread.

Take the side access panel, the one that doesn't have the red button attached to the wall. Once that's off, you can access the belt tensioner, loosen the screw, to give slack in the belt. The belt with slip off, the shouldered posts, under the head. Now you can turn the head upside down and see the arm/spring that gives tension to the single roller. Now it should be apparent if you need to loosen the nut on the backside of the roller, so it can move. Now get small set of channel locks, and use the nut on the backside of the roller and pinch it to the long gold nut/tower that holds the head cover up, and you can get the roller to move down, and give you enough room to get it back on the track, before springing back into tention. Tighten the nut back up on the backside of the roller, slip your belt ends back onto their hidden posts (this is kinda tedious, a pair or 90* pliers worked great for me) then while holding tension, re-tighten the long nut on the belt tensioner, until it's back to the original tightness. Then just put your side cover back on, and you're good to go. You may have to lossen the top cover that has the control panel on it, to get more working room with the head. I did that step first while I was trying to figure out how I was gonna fix it, so I'm not 100% sure that you NEED it off, or that it just makes it easier to work in there.

I hope this helps someone.