Sign in to follow this  
joshlw

Need a little install guidence!

I have the task of doing a two color decal for my daughters softball team to go on batting helmets. The problem is i'm having a time getting it to go on correct being the helmet is curved side to side and up and down.(if that makes any sense. Should i try a wet application or what, the app tape is clear and don't know if it would release on a wet install. Any tips would be great.

Are you applying one layer at a time onto the helmet? If so, try layering before applying.

I haven't done any softball helmet - not sure how much curve is on it, but I found out through hundreds of skateboard/snowboard helmets that cast vinyl is the way to go.

it's a little tougher with clear app tape, try cutting slits on app tape so you can apply the decal on curved areas. With paper app tape, you just start ripping the paper off as you apply to get around the curves.

it's a little tougher with clear app tape, try cutting slits on app tape so you can apply the decal on curved areas. With paper app tape, you just start ripping the paper off as you apply to get around the curves.

The slits worked like a charm thanks for the tip!