Sign in to follow this  
Stlouistech

Contour Cutting Plotter

I have a Refine cutter that is about 4-6 months old. I am having several jobs come up that I would like to be able to contour cut, what is a good cutter that I could get that would be able to contour cut heat transfer materials from an Epson 1100 with CIS? I will be selling my refine to get this cutter.

Does anyone know of someone selling a used one for a decent price? I would like to be able to contour cut pretty easily.

I have had some orders that have been multi-layering vinyl and they all pretty much turn out bad because when I try and layer it, it never works. The damn vinyl shrinks when pressed onto the shirt!

Or is there anything I can do to prevent this?

Search your local craigslist to see if you can find a good deal for a used Graphtec CE5000. The Graphtec offers auto registration for contour cutting. I bought mine used for $800.

I do my contour cutting on my pcut with flexistarter. You can most likely use your mh as well.

I do my contour cutting on my pcut with flexistarter. You can most likely use your mh as well.

Can you explain a little on how to do it? Or does someone mention on here how to use it to contour cut?

Can you explain a little on how to do it? Or does someone mention on here how to use it to contour cut?

Go to Ebay search for Flexistarter w/ contour cut. It was $129. Import pic, click contour, the add reg marks and print. bring to cutter use manual settings, and cut away. Sorry I am at the real job still, if you need more help shoot me a pm later.

Depends how many you're cutting. It is a manual process, and it get be a pita if you're doing a lot of them.

But that is probably the most economical solution if budget is an issue.