devildog

Offline Vinyl Pricing Tool

I am in need of a vinyl pricing tool, something I can use to estimate a job for a customer. I do not use Excel so the spreadsheet provided here is not helpful. I like some of the online pricing tools but there are times I am not connected to the internet and need to figure a job.

Anyone have any programming knowledge and want to build something?

I am in need of a vinyl pricing tool, something I can use to estimate a job for a customer. I do not use Excel so the spreadsheet provided here is not helpful. I like some of the online pricing tools but there are times I am not connected to the internet and need to figure a job.

Anyone have any programming knowledge and want to build something?

Haven't seen the excel sheet you referred to but give me some specs and i'll see if i can slap something together....

And if you just dont want office, there is an excel clone in open office (openoffice.org) that should read most excel sheets and it's open source (free)

I use OpenOffice but the excel spreadsheets here will not function properly in it.

I need something that I can enter dimensions, pricing, and other variables such as markup and overhead into and generate an estimate. I don't want to have to sit with a calculator and figure it out.

I would also be happy with a good cost estimation software package if anyone knows a good one.

I use OpenOffice but the excel spreadsheets here will not function properly in it.

I need something that I can enter dimensions, pricing, and other variables such as markup and overhead into and generate an estimate. I don't want to have to sit with a calculator and figure it out.

Well I don't do vinyl as a profession so no clue how to cost the jobs.

How about the link to the spreadsheet you're talking about and anything else that would give me an ideal of what you need?

Check out the ones suggested and see if they work for you, if not, let me know and I'll toss another project on my todo list!  :thumbsup:

I will play with the price perfect program and see if it works. I may have to learn OpenOffice and try and come up with a spread sheet to use.

I would love for someone to convert that Excel sheet to work in OpenOffice.

I will play with the price perfect program and see if it works. I may have to learn OpenOffice and try and come up with a spread sheet to use.

I would love for someone to convert that Excel sheet to work in OpenOffice.

I got open office installed on one of these systems though i'll be dayumed if i know which one

If i figure it out before someone else I'll give it a try and see if it converts or just opens - dont use OO that much but cant remember ever having a problem with it - it's supposed to be compatible reg office...  :lol:

The problem is with the macros used. When you open it you will see what I mean. It is a VERY robust spreadsheet.

You are right there, way more than i expected!

Not sure I'd have the time to implement the entire sheet, to many variables.

Who ever made it did a nice job - and spent a h3ll of a lot of time on it....

:lol: Though I've never used a calculator to price out a job I think this would be a great tool to use in order to reduce the frequency of the much dredded underbid.

Gracias!

RG